10 Shows That Get Me Better Than Any Person Ever Could

Television is my life!

111
Bustle

Television has always spoken to me. There are so many shows that just seem to get me.

I can relate to so many characters in shows. Netflix has changed the game in terms of having access to all my favorite shows. I don't think I've ever watched more TV since I started my Netflix subscription four years ago. It has introduced me to so many new shows and characters.

Without Netflix I would have not meet characters such a Serena Van Der Woodsen, Lorelai Gilmore, and Sarah Braverman. I am always looking for new suggestions for shows to watch and am always willing to suggest some to you as well. Almost always I can find a character to relate to in a show. Here are my top ten favorite shows.

1. Gossip Girl

I love this show, and most importantly, this line. Though I loved Blair and Chuck's relationship, I related most to Serena. She was super daring, free-spirited, and mischievous. This show constantly kept you guessing on who Gossip Girl was. This was the first show I watched on Netflix and I hated myself when I was done with it. I constantly re-watch my favorite episodes and scenes because it is just that good. I would 10/10 recommend this show.

2. Carrie Diaries

The Carrie Diaries speaks to me in such an important way. I see myself as such a Carrie because I fall for people easily and have such a creative mind. I literally want to be Carrie in every aspect. Also, may I mention Sebastian and Carrie's relationship, though it may not be perfect, is one that I would want. They love each other so much, and that is spectacular. I also love this show so much because I love Sex and the City and the 80s. I would definitely recommend this show to anyone. I was so sad when it was canceled.

3. Criminal Minds

I love love love Criminal Minds. I truly believe it has kept me so alert for any event that happens in my life. I have never been good with scary movies or shows, but this is the exception. I love Spencer Reid. He has to be my favorite character.

The amount of times I have re-watched this show is insane. Let me remind you that it is 12 seasons long. Each season, I cannot believe the type of cases that occur. I have loved all of the characters; even though they have come and gone, each are so good. I recommend watching this over and over again.

4. One Tree Hill

One Tree Hill was one of the few shows that got me the whole time. Peyton is me, and my other friend, Emily, is Brooke. I love my friends just like Peyton loves Brooke. The whole love story of Nathan and Haley is incredible and I wish I could have a relationship like this. I seek to find my perfect friend group like this. The bond between Lucas and Nathan is so iconic. Another huge part of this show is the music, and I want it all the time. Peyton's artwork also connects me. I recommend this show though it is no longer on Netflix.

5. Hart of Dixie

I love Wade and Zoe. That is all that needs to be said. This show made me want to live in the South. Wade is just so great to look at. Can I find myself a Wade??? I totally love the small town vibe because I'm from a small town. This is a quick show to get through and it's just overall so good to watch!

6. Friday Night Lights

This pretty much explains the whole show. I can't explain how much I love this show. Football is the center of this show, but it is so much more. I love Tim Riggins to death. Can someone tell me where I can get one. Also, can I tell you how much I love Lyla and Tim, because I can't put it into words. All the characters in this show make it what it is and show just how special it is. I would recommend this show for the love of the characters and the football aspect. Unfortunately, it is no longer on Netflix.

7. Glee

Glee was a show I watched when it was on TV then again on Netflix twice, if that shows you how much I liked it. I relate a lot to Finn, Quinn, and Rachel. This is where I found a lot of great music and from there I loved the show. When Cory, who played Finn, died, I couldn't imagine how they were going to be able to do the show again. The way they carried on the show was amazing and I believe all the right things happened for the show in the end. I recommend for the amazing music and characters.

8. 13 Reasons Why

This was one of the hardest shows to watch, but I believe they portrayed the topic of suicide in the right way. I loved Clay and I am interested to see how they do the second season. I was constantly on my seat with this show and loved the flashbacks and the present point of view. They both showed the right amount of content to get the mood and topic across in an impactful way. I recommend this show for the way they portray the topic. It is also a Netflix original!

9. Parenthood

I watched Parenthood over the summer and loved it. It is one of my favorite shows, and not just because Lauren Graham is in it. I could find something to relate to with each character. Also, the music in this show is so pretty and addicting. i can honestly say I have put so many of these songs on my playlist. I love Sarah and Crosby because I feel as though I am a combination of them. I recommend watching this show, and it is on Netflix.

10. Gilmore Girls

I love Gilmore Girls because it is my mom and me wrapped into one. I have watched this show since I've been 8 or so. Then I re-watched it three times on Netflix. I love Lorelai because she is a bubbly, adventurous person. She is so similar to me, but I can also see myself being very much like Lane as well. I love Jess as well out of all of Rory's guys that's who I want. Can I speak about how the revival has not been my favorite? I totally recommend watching this show for everything listed above and more. It is on Netflix as well.