10 Reasons Your Sisters Are Your Life

10 Reasons Your Sisters Are Your Life

What would I do without my sisters?

Sisterhood is a relationship in which girls within a family are assigned to be best friends until death. For the non-sister's this can be enigmatic and confusing phenomenon. Breaking apart the word sister isn't easy. It requires intense analysis, observation, and patience. However, these are the 10 reasons why the complex relationship of sisterhood makes your life that much better

1. Unlimited Wardrobe access

Your wardrobe is good. You like your closet. You can do without the left over tween clothing you exhausted in middle school, but, you’re happy. Now add some sisters into the picture. Your closet in combination with your sisters’ closet. Amazing. The variety of jeans just tripled. Options for purses? Doubled. Necklaces and earrings are at your fingertips. Now you love your wardrobe and that’s all thanks to your sisters.

2. Free therapy

Pissed at your parents, friends, or even boyfriend? Need people to vent to with detached, objective (somewhat) advice? Sisters! The perfect people to talk to about any or all adversities you face on a daily basis. They actually care so they will give you their best advice at all times. Let’s not forget the impromptu gossip sessions which always start from a nice venting session. What could be better?

3. Loyalty beyond belief

You get in an argument with your parents. Guess which side your sisters pick. Yours, of course. It’s a part of the unspoken sibling code. Even if you're wrong. They will always have your back and your side. Sisters are a highly exclusive alliance only a select few have the blessing to be a part of. Don’t take it for granted, seriously.

4. Personal Role Models

Whether you are younger or older your sisters are your role models. Each one has qualities that emulate class, femininity, and sophistication. All your sisters have amazing personalities unique to themselves. They set a standard that you look up to and want to meet. They challenge you to be the best version of yourself and always support you to be that person.

5. Your scheming buddies

Do you want to stay late after curfew? Throw a party while the parentals are out of town? You and your sisters are in cahoots. You scheme, trick and fool anyone and everyone. Together you are the ultimate trouble makers. Couldn’t be more fun, right?

6. Your toughest critics:

Your sisters invented the term brutal honesty. They will tell you how bad you look, smell, and act without a hint of concern for your self-esteem or dignity. But hey! Who else is going to tell you that those side bangs from 2008 were a bad idea?

7. Personal chauffeurs

You could Uber or taxi, but that requires money and a tolerance for creepy old men. Your sisters not only get you from one destination to another, but they are also a free and non- creepy method of transportation! Thank your sisters for all the times they drove to parties, took you shopping in the mall, and gave your rides for food. They will appreciate it.

8. The social hookup

Take all the people you know and multiply it by the number of sisters you have. That is your social network. All your friends know them and all their friends know you. It’s a perfect way to stay in touch indirectly and know all the gossip all the time. It truly couldn’t be a more efficient system of remaining in the loop.

9. Inevitable Forgiveness

Fights happen. Some of the nastiest fights can be with your sisters. Sisters know every insecurity and every weakness about you so it can get ugly. But deep down as much as there are anger and hate brewing, there is even more love. You can go from mobilizing for a third world war to besties within minutes. It’s the beauty of having sisters. They are your forever and always as Taylor Swift would put it.

10. Built in Best Friends

This was God’s way of giving you best friends from birth. You laugh, cry, tease and giggle through every stage of life. These are the girls that will be there through anything and everything. At any battle and every struggle, they are right behind you. That’s the difference between every other relationship and sisters. Not all friendships last, and not all romances bloom, but sisterhood is infinite. They love you even when they hate you. What more could you want?