The 10 Best Things About Skiing In Deer Valley, Utah

The adventures, dance parties, and of course epic wipeouts.
166

I grew up skiing the slopes of Deer Valley, Utah. I went from Fawn Club to when I was 3, to Bambi Club when I was 4, to Reindeer Club when I was 5, and then to Adventure Club when I was 7. I was a pro as a child, what can I say. I remember my parents would drop me and my older sister off for a day filled with arts and crafts, races and obstacle courses, and hot cocoa and hot dogs. Ski School was fun, don't get me wrong. But, my favorite part of the day was when my parents picked me and my sister up a little early to ski a few slopes with them.

After a day filled with skiing with people my age, there was something so refreshing about skiing with my mom and dad, or "big people" as I used to call them. Even though I wasn't quite up to their skill level, they would make me feel like I was the best little skier on the slopes. I would pizza-style down the mountain as the rest of the family used a more elegant french fry-style. But, I was still the happiest little girl in the world (besides my knees that wanted to cry from using so much pizza on the slopes).

To this day, I still pizza down the mountain. Just kidding. Well, sometimes. I love our times in Deer Valley because it's a time full of adventures, dance parties, and of course epic wipeouts that make me want to go back each and every time. Here are the 10 best things about skiing in Deer Valley, Utah...

1. The first lift ride of the day

The first lift ride of the day is something that never gets old. Just make sure you pay attention when it's your time to go or else you'll be stranded from your family. (I would know)

2. Skiing with a playlist

Haters gon hate. But, try it. There's nothing better than jamming out to High School Musical and Taylor Swift as you ski down that double blue.

3. Burning calories and not even knowing it

Did you know you can burn up to at least 2,000 calories from 5 hours of skiing?

4. Skiing down a run you didn't think you could do

Yes, yes you did Steve Urkel.

5. LUNCHTIME

This has to be one of my favorite parts of the day (I know, I know. A little sad). But, once you've been skiing for 3 hours, it's nice to take your skis off, sit by the fire, and shove french fries down like Patrick.

6. Trying to stick that jump before taking an epic wipeout

There's nothing like a Red Cross employee showing you how to stick the landing after bruising your butt and self-esteem.

7. The feeling of taking off your ski boots

Seriosuly, no better feeling.

8. The hot tub after a long day

9. #Selfies and artsy pics

10. Going to bed before 10 pm

Deer Valley, Utah has given me some of my favorite memories with my favorite people. If you ever get the chance to visit, remember these 10 things.

Have a trip filled with adventures, dance parties, & wipeouts.