That's not Mrs. Waters.

That's not Mrs. Waters.

How is there no one alive?

15
That's not Mrs. Waters.

“How is there no one alive, Trevor?” I asked with a huge lump in my throat.

“I don’t know Soph,” he answered back taking my hand and giving it a squeeze. We sat in silence until we reached the middle school. Before he had even stopped I was out of the car and heading toward the doors. Once inside I was running around like a crazy looking for my brother. "Max. Max. Are you here? Max!" I cried out. I started checking bodies that looked like his. No such luck. he wasn't there.

"Sophiene. Is that you?" I heard his voice say behind me. I turned around and there was Max. I ran over and squeezed him.

"I thought I was the only one. You came for me?" he said.

"Of course. you're my brother. I wouldn't leave you," I said hugging him again. Trevor found us just a few minutes later. I was still holding on to Max and I saw him give a small shake of his head. I knew he saw that everyone here was dead as well. We all walked outside and got into Trevor’s car. When we exited the school grounds I heard Max gasp.

“Sophiene, is everyone dead?” he asked.

“It looks like it, Max,” I answered back looking at him.

“Have you heard from Dad? Does he know what happened?” he asked. I shook my head. It never dawned on me to call my dad what was out of town and see if he knew anything about what was going on. I pulled out my cell phone and looked at the service gauge. I wasn’t surprised to see that there was no service.

We drove back to the school and met up with the others. "Hey, you found your brother," Meagan said happily.

"Yeah, I'm so happy. On our way over here Max told me that when the attack happened he was swimming in gym class. He went underwater to see how long he could hold his breath, and when he came back up everyone was floating in the pool dead. He stayed alone in the locker rooms until he heard me yelling for him," I told everyone putting my arm around his shoulder.

We all sat in the library quietly after that. It wasn’t until the very late in the night that all of us began to get super hungry. " Let's start setting up for the night in the Athletic Room. There's bound to be some edible food in the kitchen," Trevor said.

"Here you guys go set stuff up in the room and Trevor and I will go look in the kitchen for some food and anything else useful," I said. We headed for the kitchen. On the way I saw officer Charles's gun on his person. I grabbed it and continued to the kitchen.

Trevor found some knives and handed me one. "Thanks. Look what I found," I said holding up the gun.

"I think I should hold that. I mean I'm the man here" he said reaching for it. I pulled away.

"I don't think so. Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean that I'm not dangerous. You of all people should know better," I said to him with a chuckle.

"You're right I'm sorry," he said with a smile.

Trevor and I began to gather things up for food. While I was making something to eat I felt someone behind me. I turned around and found Mrs. Waters looking at me. Her skin was a grey green color and her eyes a reddish black color. She clawed at me and I screamed. Before I knew what I was doing the gun bucked in my hand and her body toppled to the ground. My face was covered in black gooey blood. I was in shock.

"Sophiene, are you ok?" Trevor asked grabbing my shoulders. He picked me up and set me on the counter. "Let me wash your face," he said wiping it with a rag he had found. Once he was done with that he got me a glass of water and rubbed my shoulders.

"I don't understand. What just happened? Why was she like that?" I said confused.

"I think something happened to the people who heard the noise," he said.

“That doesn’t make any sense. Why aren’t all of them like that then?” I asked even more confused.

“I’m not sure, but we need to get back to the others. They have to know what just happened. Whatever this is just got a whole more strange and dangerous,” he said grabbing all the food he could in his hands.We walked to the room where everyone was and I sat down. Still in partial shock about Mrs. Waters.