How 18 Film and Television Couples Will Spend This Valentine's Day

That's amore!

68
best-wallpaper.net

Maria and Tony from "West Side Story"

Tony and Maria, the second of our cultures star-crossed lovers. If they aren't singing their hearts out over their misunderstood love, they will likely be found at a rumble, fighting for their future and their forbidden affair. Cue a secret marriage and a rendition of "Maria," and these two are destined for forever.

Jane and John from "Mr. & Mrs. Smith"

Oh, Brangelina. Even though they portray the fictional (but still sinfully beautiful) Mr. and Mrs. Smith, this felt like a glimpse into the hot and steamy love life of Hollywood's #1 couple. This Valentine's Day, it's likely this super couple will spend their day at a shooting range, base jumping, or partaking in some other adrenaline-inducing activity before finishing the evening with a steamy makeout session in their destroyed mansion.

Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky from "Full House"

Throughout the 90s, Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky were the #couplegoals of our generation. Young, fun, and attractive, the Katsopolis couple inspired us to find love and to enjoy it.

This Valentine's Day, given that their kids are now 17 and entering college, it's likely the couple will spend the holiday at a rock concert. This will be followed by a scenic motorcycle ride from the Bay down the California's Big Sur, where Uncle Jesse will serenade Becky and she will ruffle his hair in the winter starlight.

Romeo and Juliet from "Romeo & Juliet"

Oh, Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?

The original star-crossed lovers have inspired romantic comedies centuries over, and this Valentine's Day, it's likely the legendary couple will sneak off to catch an R-rated film (or get married) and the 18-year-old Romeo will seduce the young and naive Juliet into giving her life for him (or her virginity to him.)

Sandy and Danny from "Grease!"

He's the one that she wants!

Danny and Sandy defined young love for a generation and, to this day, their doo-wop romance inspires pre-pubescent teens to seek out their leather-clad Zucko and drive off into the clouds in a red Ford De Luxe.

This Valentine's Day, it's likely the young couple will be decked out in all leather and hit the town for a sock hop and milkshakes. They will end the night at the drive-in, where Danny will try to make a woman out of Sandy.

Carol and Mike Brady from "The Brady Bunch"

The Brady's made history by being the first TV couple to be seen sharing a bed. They also normalized the now common occurrence of the blended family, their disparate pieces forming one, loving, whole.

This Valentine's Day, it's likely that the couple - who are now in their eighties, will spend the holiday at home, enjoying dinner and an empty nest, and probably engaging in a little Brady-era shared-bed kind of fun.

Carrie and Mr. Big from "Sex and the City"

Love him or hate him, Carrie ended up with Mr. Big in a beautiful apartment in Manhattan. And, while the Aidan-lovers are right about the quality of Mr. Big as a boyfriend and lover, the fire and passion between Carrie and Mr. Big is undeniable. This Valentine's Day, the couple will likely spend the night out at one of the hottest new New York nightclubs; unless, that is, they get into a fight. In this case, Carrie will meet up with Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha for a night of boy-hating and single-girl lovin'.

Bridget and Mark from "Bridget Jones's Diary"

Bridget Jones. She's the queen of the Hot Mess Express and through her diary, we watched her fall in love with the perfect and wonderful Mr. Mark Darcy. In spite of a botched holiday weekend and a rough beginning to their romance, Bridget found Mr. Right.

This Valentine's Day, this couple is likely to spend the weekend at an estate in the English countryside, avoiding their respective in-laws. Always aiming for charm and sex appeal, Bridget will likely don slinky and revealing lingerie, one with too many straps and not enough instructions. (Whatever they do, let's hope the girl remembers her pants.)

Homer and Marge from "The Simpsons"

Homer and Marge have been the TV couple to trump them all.

For nearly 20 years, we've watched as their colorful romance has played out in the streets of Springfield. From Bart's shenanigans to Lisa's brains to Maggie's never ending baby years, Marge and Homer have been through it all.

This Valentine's Day, Homer will likely plan something elaborate and wonderful but as, per all usual, it will be half-baked and fall apart and snowball into a catastrophe for Springfield. Marge, the forever loyal wife that she is, will come to his rescue and help him fix everything.

Here's to another 20 years!

Eric and Donna from "That 70's Show"

She was the girl next door, he was the boy with a crush.

Eric Forman and Donna Pinciatti inspired us to fall in love with our best friend and taught us that, even though you know all of each other's stories, there are always new things to discover and new stories to write.

This Valentine's Day, they will spend the morning in the love circle, celebrating the friends they love as well as each other (also, in all likelihood, getting high). Then, after a few rounds of sweaty, Midwestern basement sex, they will take a drive in the Vista Cruiser to the water tower they graffitied with a pot leaf and stare out at the glimmering lights of Point Place, Wisconsin.

Marshall and Lily from "How I Met Your Mother"

Marshmallow and Lilypad.

By the time we met them, they had already been together for eight glorious years. Through college, the post-grad years, marriage, their first and second child; we saw it all and we fell in love with every one of their perfect, imperfect moments.

This Valentine's Day, the two will probably spend the day with Marvin and Daisy, perhaps wandering around their favorite New York art galleries and eateries. At night, they will steal away for a few hours for a night alone (and they will end up doing it all over the city).

Ross and Rachel from "Friends"

They were each other's lobster, and they didn't even know it.

A truly tense courtship, a roller coaster of a love affair, a horrible break-up, a myriad of boyfriends and girlfriends, a baby, and the end of an era. They constantly had us wondering, "Will they or won't they?" and when they finally did, we were all left with hope for our own lobsters.

This Valentine's Day, they will spend the day with Emma and Ben. But in the evening, Ross will sweep Rachel off of her feet with a dinner complete with roses and candles, in their beloved city, New York.

Sally and Harry from "When Harry Met Sally"

Can a man and a woman ever really just be friends?

This age-old question was the center of Harry and Sally's love affair, a 12-year courtship that blossomed from a loyal friendship to a beautiful partnership. And we may still never know if a man and a woman can ever really just be friends.

This Valentine's Day, they will likely spend the day visiting antique shops and upscale design furniture boutiques. At night, they'll go to a trendy New York eatery, where Sally will order in her own peculiar way, and Harry will stare lovingly at her. He will tease her and Sally will remark cleverly and so will begin, yet again, the smart and witty banter that built their love.

Baby and Johnny from "Dirty Dancing"

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

"Dirty Dancing."It was the movie that made you feel a little weird and a little guilty. As Baby and Johnny writhed their hips on the dance floors of the Catskill resort where they met, we fell in love with their forbidden and passionate love affair.

This Valentine's Day, they will probably be doing what they do best: dancing dirty.

Jack and Rose "Titanic"

As the Titanic made it's maiden voyage to the United States, Jack - a poor, working artist from America - met Rose - a rich, privileged woman looking for more in life than money. As the ship made its way across the Atlantic, we watched as Jack and Rose fell deeper in love and their young lives became full of hope and promise.

This Valentine's Day, Jack and Rose will spend the day finding alternative ways to enjoy each other. He'll introduce her to his new favorite dive bar and they'll get decently drunk and go dancing. Then they'll sneak off to somewhere secluded and restricted and enjoy the love they've been fighting for.

(This is assuming she made room for him on that chunk of door... he totally could have lived!)

Edward and Vivian from "Pretty Woman"

“You and I are such similar creatures, Vivian. We both screw people for money.”

For decades, "Pretty Woman" has inspired pubescent teen girls to search for their Knight In Shining Millionaire Armor. Their love sees past social expectations and class norms. Edward and Vivian were a completely mismatched pair of loners who found one another on the dangerous and dark corners of Hollywood.

This Valentine's Day, Edward will take Vivian to Rodeo Drive to pamper and spoil her with a new dress and extravagant jewelry. He'll take her to the opera and to dinner, and at the end of the night, Vivian will remind Edward that it's just the two of them; he'll take off his tie and they'll settle into the misunderstood intimacy that built their love.

(Sidenote, who hasn't reenacted this GIF in the privacy of their bedroom... I mean, except for me. I definitely have never done that...)

Noah and Allie from "The Notebook"

“Summer romances begin for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common. They are shooting stars, spectacular moments of light from heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity and in a flash there gone.”

In 2004, "The Notebook" took the world by storm, engrossing people in the young and all-encompassing love between Noah and Allie. They inspired a nostalgia for Southern summers and a desire for a summer love that can change our lives.

This Valentine's Day, Noah will spend the morning watching Allie paint (topless, of course) and then they will take to their small Southern town for some ice cream, or a stroll in the sun. They will probably fight, as per their relationship, but they will make up (probably in an abandoned house) and spend the rest of the day in bed, tangled in love.

Derek and Meredith from "Grey's Anatomy"

"And that sometimes, despite all your best choices and all your best intentions, fate wins anyway."

A relationship that began with shots of tequila and ended with an untimely car accident, for 11 seasons, the love affair between Derek and Meredith kept us glued to our televisions, wondering if the time would ever be right for them. Knowing they were perfect for each other, Derek stuck by Meredith through her dark and twisty days; when a vengeful shooter threatened Derek's life on the operating table, Meredith offered hers in place of his, knowing a life without him was no life at all.

This Valentine's Day, Meredith will visit Derek's grave with their three children - Zola, Derek, and Ellis - and she will remember him and their life and the children he gave her and thank him for the love he shared with her.