That 70's Show Explains Your Crazy College Experience

41

Everyone knows college can be confusing, challenging, and demanding, but it can also be an incredible experience. Especially if your friends are anything like Eric, Donna, Fez, Jackie, Kelso and Hyd, you better be prepared for the ride of your life.

College is great. It's all about meeting new people and getting involved around campus. Unfortunately, sometimes making new friends involves a little bit of compromise...

Then there are those special people that you meet and instantly, you just know you're gonna be bros for life. But then you get so close so quickly and you pretend to get annoyed with how much you see them when in actuality you have no other friends...

But don't let college fool you! You will also meet people who.... actually, let's not go there...

While you're in college, you have to go out of your way to make sure your experience is everything you're bargaining for. Go find a club and join it. They don't have what you're looking for? Start it! How about the theater company?

If that's not for you, not to worry! There are millions of other fun things to do on campus.

But more important than extracurriculars are your classes. Remember that feeling when you walk into a class for the first time and don't know a single person in the room?

And when your teacher asks you something you should all know from like, middle school...

Or when you answer a super easy question wrong...

And then 30 seconds later you're kicking yourself in the butt because you totally should have known that!

Always make sure you cite your sources!

If I could give you any advice, it's to make sure you're super prepared for exams.

Because if you're not...

So when you go into a big exam, just stay calm.

And as soon as it's done, treat yourself because you've earned it.

But don't get too cocky when you get a better grade than your friends.

Especially when you needed to find new ways just to make it through that study session...

(Trust me, I'm an engineering major.)

But it'll all be worth it in the long run!

And then there's finals week.

Unless you're penalized for wrong answers, it's always better to put something down. Even if you're not sure if you're right, you can't be right if you don't write anything. And if you don't know the answer, just fake it 'til you make it!

And it's okay to pull an all-nighter and let things get a little crazy!

I know not all of us are super thrilled about who our roommates are...

And your living arrangement might not be ideal, but we all have to make the best of a bad situation.

Also, I know it can be annoying sometimes, but your RA's only want to help you.

Let me share a few tips that I've learned during my time away at college.

First of all, only certain things at the dining hall are actually edible.

Second, you never know when you'll need a helping hand, so when you have the means to do so, help your friends!

If it's not for you, DON'T DO IT.

If you've got free time, use it wisely!

And here's some things you should know:

You're in college. You're a big kid now, and mommy can't always save you anymore.

Some boys actually never grow up.

No, really - I'm serious about that one.

That's fine. You don't have to believe me. You'll figure it out on your own one day.

But what do I know? Don't let other people's opinions affect you.

Have confidence in yourself!

Because no one is going to love you like you love you.

If you're sick, GO TO HEALTH SERVICES!

It's okay to let loose, but be responsible.

There's a real reason that you didn't get that extra financial aid, but I promise it's not what you're thinking...

So when in doubt, know you're not alone.

College can be absolutely stressful...

...and a little trying...

...and expen$ive.

But I promise that in the end...