20 Things to Thank Your Person For

20 Things to Thank Your Person For

As told by Serena and Blair (xoxo, Gossip Girl...)

77
20 Things to Thank Your Person For
YouTube

Your person can be your high school sweetheart, your best friend since kindergarten, your college roommate, or your current spouse. Whoever your person-of-honor may be, here are 20 things you probably forgot to thank them for.

1. Putting up with you.

First and foremost, your person probably deserves an award for putting up with you.

2. Listening to you.

Your problems are also your person's problems. Vent sessions are a regular thing.

3. Dissecting text messages with you.

Your person isn't really your person if you don't send them screenshots of text conversations and ask for their interpretation. Your person is there at the ready, prepared to dive into in-depth analysis at a moment's notice.

4. Serving as your personal reminder for everything.

Where you forget, your person remembers. Chances are your person knows your schedule better than you do.

5. And your alarm clock.

As long as your person is around, you won't sleep through an 8 AM lecture (unless they're sleeping in, too).

6. And your therapist.

When going through a break up, your person will without a doubt show up at your house with a carton of Ben & Jerry's and your favorite chick flick in ten seconds flat. They're your shoulder to cry on.

9. For making you laugh, even when you want to cry.

No one knows you, or your sense of humor, as well as your person does. So even when you want to cry, your person is there to cheer you up with a funny memory, a good joke, or a cringe-worthy pun.

10. For binge-watching (and eating) with you.

You and your person are so comfortable together that there is no shame in vegging out in sweatpants, and stuffing your faces with an entire gallon of ice cream while watching trash TV.

11. For staying in with you when you don't feel like going out.

Whenever you're feeling down, or just too lazy to go out, your person won't hesitate to stay in with you.

12. But also for never making you go anywhere alone.

Even if it's just to the grocery store, your person is right there by your side. If you want your person to be there, they will be.

13. For stepping up whenever you need help.

Whether it's your calculus homework or cleaning out your closet, your person is right by your side, more than willing to help. Whether they can actually help or not is beside the point.

14. For always being honest.

Your person will always give their honest opinion when you ask if this dress makes you look fat.

15. For never staying mad at you for long.

Whether you and your person fight once a week or once a year, because they love you so much and you two have so much fun together, your person never stays mad at you for more than a few hours (if that). You miss each other too much to be fighting!

16. For being on your side no matter what.

Regardless of the situation, your person will always take your side. Someone said something mean to you? Consider them shunned. Your person will stick up for you always, and won't let anyone push you around (except for them, of course.)

17. For laughing at your jokes even when they're not funny.

18. For supporting you in everything you do.

No matter what you chose to get involved in, your person will always support your decisions and will always be your number one fan. Job you're interested in? Go for it! Trying out for the volleyball team? You go, girl!

19. For assuring you that everything is going to be okay.

20. For loving you no matter what.

Your person sees you at your lowest points, as well as your highest, and they love you anyway. There aren't too many people you will find in your life who give you unconditional love, so cherish them!