i need thanksgiving break

6 Reasons Why Thanksgiving Break Is Much Needed

College is all fun and games until...

42
Aimee Starr
Aimee Starr

I am now more than halfway through my first semester of college. I really do love it here but I am starting to miss the warm weather in Florida and my family. Although it is short, Thanksgiving break is definitely sweet. And honestly, it is much needed right about now.

I think I am becoming a regular at Urgent Care

media.giphy.com

I seriously am. The freshman plague really is a thing. Between fevers and coughs, I should really have their number on speed dial.

The deadlines are starting to eat me alive

media.giphy.com

No matter how many hours I spend on homework, I somehow am still behind. I was looking forward to relaxing over break but I guess I'll have to compromise. It looks like I'll be reading and tanning at the same time. I know, I'm a true multitasker.

I am in desperate need of a home-cooked meal

media.giphy.com

The dining hall food is starting to get old. I think I have cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at this point. I cannot wait for a home-cooked meal at Thanksgiving.

I just want to be surrounded by family

media.giphy.com

Being an out-of-state student, I am so excited to go home and see my family. There is no better feeling than running to see my family at the airport.

More importantly, I can't wait to see my dogs 

media.giphy.com

Even though I FaceTime them on a daily basis, it just isn't the same. I can't wait to cuddle with them and have them jump all over me.

I am becoming a human popsicle 

media.giphy.com

I need the Florida sun and warmth right about now. I don't think I'll ever get used to waking up to snow falling and ice on the ground. I am ready to get a nice break from this whole winter thing. I still don't really understand it or how to dress for it.