I Am Thankful For My Work

I Am Thankful For My Work

Thanksgiving Series: Part Two
74

November is the season of thanksgiving and while I am so tempted to decorate the house with red and green and buy every peppermint mocha, I will attempt to keep my heart thankful. One of the ways I am doing so is with this Thanksgiving series. If you have not read the first article it is right here. And now, you can read this one!

I am thankful for my work. Yes, the shifts may be small and the jobs may not be what I want to do for the rest of my life, but this doesn’t diminish their value. They add experience to my life that I had never expected to exist.

I am thankful for the kids I get to teach. That I have something to teach them at all! I hope that even one ounce of the joy I find in music is shared with them. Those kiddos have so much energy that I could gain and perspectives unique to them.

On top of this, I am grateful for all of the experience I have received from being the administrator for business’ social media accounts. Some may see it as a silly job, but I love it. I get to become excited for events and good news that are not just within my own personal life.

These jobs are not incredibly glamorous or even aspired to, but I appreciate them so much. I appreciate that I can find joy and room to grow. I am thankful that they provide me with paychecks that end up as groceries, meals I share with roommates and friends. I am thankful that I was able, by God’s grace, to make connections with the right people to secure these jobs.

——————

What are you thankful for? Let me know in the comments below. Also, make sure to check out my upcoming articles in this thanksgiving mini-series!