what I am thankful for this year

What I Am Thankful For This Year

Silver and gold, braver and more bold.

35

As I think of 2018 coming to an end, I am still looking back on the past 11 months in a stoic stare. I think back to how far I've come, how much I've grown, and how much I have found myself, no matter how much I believed I was on the verge of completely losing it. This year has gone by so fast considering how much the days crawled by sometimes.

When I think back to the beginning of the year I am reminded that I am thankful for New Year's resolutions. Never had I ever actually followed through with any silly resolutions I made up in my head. But for 2018, I vowed to not smoke another cigarette and I haven't since 12.59pm 12/31/2017

New Year's resolutions are opportunities for second chances. I look forward to completing this year and I am already thinking of a new resolution to really stick with.

I am thankful for love. Love at any capacity. Love has saved me so much this year and without it, I have no clue where I would be. If it wasn't for the unwavering love outward and inward, the world would be a much unhappier place. Love for family, love for friends, love for pets. Love makes everything better.

I am thankful for routines. When the wheel is turning, it is so much easier than stopping and starting all the time. When you get going, keep going. I love when it gets alittle easier and then before you know it, it's habit.

This year I am especially thankful for forgiveness. Not only learning to forgive others for them but to be able to forgive for my own sake. Most importantly, learning how to forgive me. Forgiving oneself is sometimes one of the hardest things for someone to do. I am my own harshest judger and I shouldn't be, no one should be.

There's gonna be bumps in the road that will throw you off your path. Sometimes there will be times where you get knocked down. All you have to do is remember it's okay and you just have to get back up and on track. Be thankful for true joy and not just temporary happiness.