I would be complete lost without my editor.

I Will Forever Be Grateful For My Odyssey Editors And Will Be Completely Lost Without Them

You are so much more than an editor.

58
https://unsplash.com/photos/vZJdYl5JVXY

On behalf of Odyssey writers, I want to take a moment to thank all of the editors. Thank you for your time, your patience, your dedication, and your commitment to allowing writers like me to have a creative outlet.

I have been reading Odyssey since I was in high school, but it wasn't until I applied to be a creator that I realized everything I was reading was written by college students, let alone editedby students. I always thought the articles were insightful and relatable, and now I understand why. They were written by people only a few years older than me.

When I first applied as a creator, I received a text from someone who now is one of the most influential and inspiring figures in my life. This person was my community's editor-in-chief. Her roles don't stop there. Somehow she manages to balance an internship, job, and a full load of classes all while being one of the kindest individuals I know.

I started writing for Odyssey because I had a story to tell, and I figured this was a good outlet. It was only one story, but somehow, week and after week, I have written articles, and that is all thanks to my editors. You cultivate an environment that makes writing enjoyable and a community where other creators can share ideas.

Truthfully, I had no idea what to expect after I published my first story. Would I be able to come up with other content? Would people like what I wrote? What happens if my writing sucks? Somehow, you have managed to help me overcome all my fears. Yes, some stories might perform better than others, and writer's block does happen. But whenever there is a challenge, I know I can turn to you for support. Throughout my whole life, I had been told I was not a writer. Suddenly, I found myself facing what I considered my biggest weakness head-on. I was able to overcome my fear thanks to you.

You are so much more than an editor. You're my friend, and I have been able to turn to you on some of my darkest days. I write about incredibly personal topics and having an editor like you who I can trust to read my work and help me share my thoughts with the world makes the process significantly easier. I have learned so much from your writing and from the corrections you make on my work. You have helped me become a better writer, ensuring me that I am on the right path. Thank you for inspiring and empowering your writers. Your encouraging words do not go unnoticed, and every week I strive to make our community's content even better.

On top of managing your creators, you somehow manage to publish your own material. I only hope that one day I become as versatile as you. Although classes are stressful, I am already dreading the end of this year when you have plans to graduate. Thank you not just for inspiring your community, but everyone who reads your words.