Thank-Yous For Each Suitemate Who Became My Best Friends My Freshman Year

The bonds I made with y’all are like no other, and for that I am forever grateful.

708
Safia Ghafoor

And just like that, my freshman year at Carolina is coming to a close as finals and LDOC activities approach faster than I have ever imagined they possibly could. They say that your four years in college are some of the best years of your life, and to know I’m a fourth of the way through blows my mind. That being said, I wanted to dedicate this article to the seven girls who live only a few feet away from me, blast Mr. Brightside with me on the regular, and became more than just my suitemates but some of my best friends this year.

Olivia, thank you for your words of wisdom, shoulder to cry on, your help with practicing my mediocre Spanish and for reminding me to take my makeup off from time to time. Thank you for being the mom of the group even when you don’t want to sometimes and for always knowing what to say. You deserve the world and your bubbly, caring nature is something I will always admire!

Emily, thank you for struggling through so many classes with me and laughing about everything and anything with me. Also, thanks for bringing me to Mong’s for the first time because I love it now. You always are a beacon of positivity and have a smile on your face, and I love you for that!

Sienna, thank you for being the suite D1 athlete and such a calming presence in times of stress. You exude so much love and kindness for the world around you and so often, I wish to adopt your outlook on life. Thank you for popping in my room once in a while to say hey and I appreciate you forever and always.

Anusha, thank you for literally making me laugh because of pretty much everything you say. You’re a force to be reckoned with and I strive to have a personality as fiery as yours someday. Thank you for making perpetual Vine references with me any time of the day and always being ready to have a good time!

Hidy, thank you for forcing me to go to the gym and being there since the high school days. It’s crazy to see how we’ve grown throughout our first year in college but I loved experiencing it with you and am so excited for many more memories!

Shruti, thank you for always cracking me up and being the biggest goon of the suite by far. I remember how spontaneously you joined our suite and I’m so glad you did. Your work ethic is something I admire and your love for Purple Bowl I support wholeheartedly. I cannot wait to see where life takes us both!

Ojesvii, thank you for being the bomb roommate who sleeps through her classes with me, hypes me up by laughing at my jokes, supporting my nap addiction and leaving cute notes around our room. You’re one of the funniest, most caring people I know and I’m #honored to be your roommate!

For all the friends Suite 310 has invited into our dorm with open arms, I can’t thank you enough for becoming family and helping me make memories that will surely last for a lifetime.

Angela, thank you for having the biggest heart of anyone I know and for literally lighting up any room you walk in. You always make me laugh and spread positivity and I admire you so much for that. Thank you for always dropping by and being a loving presence to us all!

Dimple, thank you for struggling through Econ101 and Stat with me and for spending Valentine’s Day studying with me. Our deep talks are the bomb and although we stress so much about our future, I know they’re bright and I’m so excited for them!

Words can only depict a fraction of the love I have for you guys, but thank you all for existing throughout my freshman year. The bonds I made with y’all are like no other, and for that I am forever grateful.