A Thank You To My Brothers

A Thank You To My Brothers

I used to think it was silly when people said that their sisters and brothers were one the best things that ever happened to them in college, but they're right.
11

Its the time to be thankful--and if you would have asked me six months ago what was on my list of what I was thankful for it would've been family, friends, my dog, and Netflix. But I've been given the amazing gift of my fraternity brothers and I can't thank them enough for what they've done for me.

There are the times that I am thankful for them for listening to me. Whether that be when I was standing up in front of them all for the first time, explaining a hard time of my life and why I was where I was now. When it was when I needed friends and thats what APO had given me. When I wanted a leadership position and they heard and understood what I was saying.

There are the times that I am thankful for them for being there for me. For supporting me in my accomplishments, for letting me know they have been through similar situations and have my back, or for holding the ladder as I climbed down from the rafters at Habitat for Humanity.

There are the times that I am thankful for them for letting me lead. They understood that I was a quiet leader and encouraged that. They wanted me to be have a position in our brotherhood that would bring us closer. They gave me the opportunity for growth in myself.

There are the times that I am thankful for the memories. For the experience I always wanted in college and now finally have. For the friends I hadn't made yet and now are some of the most important people in my life. For the laughter and Greek alphabet and our crazy dance moves.

There are the times that I am thankful for the rough nights. For the times when chapter runs late and we all want to go home. For the times when I have tons of homework left to do and they take my mind of the stress for a little while. For the times that I am tired but someone brings candy and all seems good in the world.

There are the times I am thankful for our diversity. For being able to learn a different way of life, for our different mindsets and opinions, for our different ideas and dreams. For how all of our differences bring us together in all of our similarities.

There are the times that I am thankful for just them. For their wonderful, beautiful selves. For their love of life and love of service. For their hope in changing the world a little bit at a time. I'm at a loss of words for expressing just how truly grateful I am to have them in my life. They've changed my entire college experience and that is priceless. My brothers are those that I can always go to and they've made it so easy. I used to think it was silly when people said that their sisters and brothers were one the best things that ever happened to them in college, but they're right.

And I only wish the best Thanksgiving for all of my brothers, because they deserve it, and I am so blessed to have them as a part of my life.