To My Dad, Thank You for letting me be who i am

To the first man I've ever loved, Happy Father's Day.

182

My relationship with my dad is our own unique kind of thing. We fight, we fuss, we go sometimes without hearing from each other, but as soon as we do, it's like nothing ever happened between us. I feel like I don't appreciate him the way I should sometimes, so here is a little thank you letter to show that I am thankful for you.

Thank you for listening to me complain about things and obsess over things that you've never seemed to grasp why I'm complaining or obsessed about it in the first place. For example: Zayn Malik leaving One Direction or One Direction in general, my obsession with Austin Mahone, why I love alternative screaming music the way I do, and much more.

Thank you for letting me your shoulder to fall on the very few times you did, because it meant a lot to me.

Thank you for always trying to find humor in things when you know someone is ready to fall apart. I know I get agitated when you do that, but I know that it's your way of trying to cheer me up.

Thank you for teaching me not to listen to what other's say about me and to keep my head up and let it roll off my back like I'm invincible. Thank you for taking me to my youth group events and for helping me get to M-FUGE those years I went, it was truly some of the best experiences of my life.

Thank you for getting me back involved with church when you did, because now that I'm older I'm super appreciative of those years I spent in church with you, because my church family was there during some of the hardest times in my life.

Thank you for loving Devan the way you do, and for accepting him in yours and Ashley's lives the way you have, I'm extremely grateful for that.

I want you to know that I'm proud of you and how much I've watched you grow over the last little while. I'm proud of you for the way you serve your community as fire chief and how much you love doing it.

I love you, I love Ashley, and I already love my new baby sibling. I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day, Dad.