Thank You, Donald Trump

Thank You, Donald Trump

Not My President

17
Thank You, Donald Trump
TIME

It's been almost a week since Donald Trump was elected. The whole nation has shown negative reactions towards the outcome. As an Asian American who has immigrant parents that became US citizens, I want to say thank you, Donald Trump.

Thank you, Donald Trump, for showing that racism and bigotry are still present on a massive scale. When President Barack Obama was sworn into office on January 20th, 2009, I thought racism would decrease or be fixed. I thought people would learn to love one another for who they are. I thought electing a non-white person would allow racist people to change their ways and accept the outcome. Apparently, I was dead wrong. I was far from it. I was foolish. People are still filled with hatred, and you made it public. You need to denounce this now!

Thank you, Donald Trump, for severely and officially dividing this country by inciting hate. You actually showed your true colors by inflicting fear on people who are not white heterosexual males, and by being a sexual predator. The nation, my friends, and I are terrified and in disbelief at the acts of sexual harassment and rise of violent hate crimes on different races and LGBTQ+ communities. Because of your rhetorics and discriminant remarks on Hispanic and Muslim people, and with Mike Pence as your Vice-President, your hateful aspects trickled down to racist white people. This makes them think that it is okay to do harmful acts on different people. It's obviously not. Only stupid and backwards people would do that. But it seems that there are many, judging by all your supporters. With your sexual harassment remarks and accused rapes you committed, your followers think it's acceptable to do the same. This is outrageous and disturbing. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Thank you, Donald Trump, for galvanizing half the country to rise up against hate, against you and against your supporters. This is probably the greatest motivation for us, young people, to lead the new era into a greater future. We are demonstrating, protesting, and doing whatever we can to use our voice and make a change. There are people that are discrediting us, saying we are "crybabies", but the irony is that, the same people who are accusing us and telling us to calm down are the same people who voted for the wrong officials in office. They are continuing to ruin the country's future and the younger generation's future. I bet most of them voted for Ronald Reagan. During his presidency, Reagan widened the wealth gap and destroyed the middle class. Now, I bet the majority of them who voted for Reagan, voted for Trump for the same reason. However, Trump's economic plans are practically the same as Reagan's (or even a scarier version). Trump will destroy the middle class. But they all need the young generations to help them when they're older. If we can't provide, they can't be helped.

Thank you, Donald Trump, for showing how much of a liar you are. You claimed (or were labeled) to be an anti-establishment guy. Even if you did not say it, you rode the wave to this so-called "victory" on it. You are not an anti-establishment guy. You have been in the political eye for a while, funding both Democrats and Republicans. Your cabinet members are filled with the very same politicians you claimed are corrupted, corporate puppets, and lobbyists. You were seen as the man to stand up for the middle class when you, yourself, are part of the elite top 1% group in the nation, that stomps on the middle class. You backtracked on your repeal of Obamacare (which I don't mind much), and said you want to keep some major parts active. You proposed one of the most liberal plans on student debt, according to The Washington Post. You might as well admit that you are still a Democrat. You even claimed a few years ago that the economy works better under the Democrats. You lived in Manhattan all your life. As someone who lives in NYC, I believe it would have been VERY difficult for you to become a Republican.

Thank you, Donald Trump, for making history by being the first illiterate "president". Everyone has their flaws, but with hard work and motivation, things can look up. However, if we have a "leader" who cannot read, then that's a completely different story. He might accidentally sign something we do not want. This is terrifyingly dangerous!

In conclusion:

You are not my president, you misogynistic, racist, hateful, illiterate, dangerous, idiotic rapist.