A Thank You Letter To My Coaches Of Past Sport Seasons

A Letter That Symbolizes How Much We Appreciate Our Sporting Coaches From The Past

116
PixaBay

During the developmental stages of our lives before we venture off into the real world, we are influenced and mentored by dozens of people. From our parents to our teachers there a ton of people in our lives that can be credited for leading our towards all the success that we have achieved thus far in our lives. Unfortunately, we adopt give enough respect to the people who really pushed us throughout the year, our sports coaches. Our sports coaches stand out as they pushed us both academically as well as physically. They made sure we maintained a proper diet, maintained good grades, and maintained a good mental health. Sports coaches also stand out as we spend possible the most time with our coaches during our developmental stages next to our parents. This is why thanking all the coaches of seasons past is the reasoning behind this letter.

I first owe a major thanks to all the coaches that helped shaped our undefeated middle school football team. I first signed up to play football in order to impress my parents, however, I was by far the smallest kid on the team and soon discovered that I feared any real contact. It was because of the coaching style of my middle school football coaches that I was able to gain the confidence that I have now. They pushed me to overcome this fear and because of this, I was actually able to contribute to the team's success. While I’m no longer a small teenager attempting to compete in sports, I still carry the same attitude that nothing can stop me that I have adopted while playing for that middle school football team that remains one of the few teams to go undefeated.

I also owe a major thanks to my high school wrestling coaches. It is because of my wrestling coaches that I have the work ethic that I have now. My coaches instilled a level of discipline into me that I continuously apply to everyday life. They say that wrestlers make the best workers because they have faced harder scenarios. My coaches really defined this theory as some of the practices they subjected us to really set our tolerance bar higher than most hardships of the life produce. Despite the fact the I eventually moved on from wrestling to in order to better myself in other sports, joining my high school wrestling team stands out as one of the most beneficial decisions that I have made thus far in my life. No matter what career I end up perusing I will always owe a special thanks to my wrestling coaches as they are the reason why I am dedicated to my work no matter what or how hard the workload is.

I also owe a major thanks to my hockey coaches. What makes my hockey stand out is the fact that saw more potential in my career as a hockey player than I did. I joined the hockey team to spend my senior year with one of my best friends as I was beginning to realize that I would not be wrestling in college. Unfortunately, my hockey coaches served more as friends than coaches. They helped guide me towards selecting the college that I attended to as all but one of my coaches went to the college I was almost certain to be attending. Even after the conclusion of the hockey season my coaches remained in contact with me and made sure I had a smooth transition from high school into college. It’s because of my high school hockey coaches.

Our sporting coaches stand out as some of the most influential people that help develop us into young adults suitable to function amongst our society. Next to our parents, our sporting coaches can be said to dedicate the most time towards our developmental stages of our lives. They instill the qulities and life lessons that help student athletes stand out amoungst the competion while colleges select what stdents to sccpet. Student athletes also tend to stand out after they complete school and venture into the work field. At the end of the day, we need to take the time to thank our coaches as we often forget to give them the credit that they very much deserve.