A Thank You Letter to my FrOGS.
Campuses

A Thank You Letter For My FrOGS, 4 Years Later

You made my first taste of college enough to last a lifetime.

122

It was four years ago when I stepped foot into Wayland Hall for the very first time and lugged all the possessions I had to my name up three flights of stairs to my dorm room. The place that I would come to call home. Only I didn't really take the stairs, I took the elevator (that poor, overworked elevator). And, I didn't really have to lug much of anything. Why? One word... frogs. Or rather, FrOGS! (First yeaR Orientation Guides to you noobs).

The FrOGS are a very, very integral and special part to the first week on campus for freshmen. They are the life-blood of that first week. They make you feel welcome and invited. They bridge the gap from High School to College Transition. And, they make you feel like family... like you're at home. My FrOG week experience was very special. My FrOGS were two of the greatest people that I have ever had the honor and the privilege to meet. They made that first week one for the books, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

So, I would like to say… thank you.

To Maggie and Chris,

Thank you. Thank you for everything you did with us and for us that first week in Wayland. You made all of us little tadpoles feel like we could tackle college and be successful. Because of you, we knew we were in the right place. Where we were meant to be. We were home.

It still feels like yesterday that Y'all were jamming tunes and banging on our doors for a day of adventures. Chris, it feels like yesterday that you asked me, "You bring your fun pants?! We're gonna have some fun this week!" And Maggie, I will always remember you teaching us how to play "Ride the Pony," and all the hilarity that ensued afterward. But the greatest memories of mine were when we would all get together at night and just talk. (Oh, and the meals!)

Chris, I know you're off riding bikes and seeking thrills, all the while touching the lives of every person you meet.

Maggie, I know that you are gonna find great success with nursing in DC, changing lives and people for the better. Hope to see you in a year or so when I move up there!

To you, my FrOGS. I love you both dearly. I am truly blessed to know you and to have had that time with you. It was an adventure that I will never forget.

#WaylandWeiner for life,

- Tyler

Enjoy FrOG week everyone. You will surely miss it when it is gone.