A Thank You To Someone Who Doesn't Know They Deserve It

And no, this isn't sarcasm... Surprisingly.

1662
Tumblr

You don’t know it, but I’m eternally grateful for everything you’ve done for me. You probably have no idea what I’m even talking about. Which is the main reason why I’m writing this. We haven't known each other for long, but you’ve done more for me than you would ever know. So I would like to take a few moments to explain the many reasons why I am so blissful over you stumbling into my life. (and no that wasn’t sarcasm… surprisingly).

Thank you for teaching me about politics. I’d be an idiot this election season without some help. Also, for showing me the importance of being involved in what’s happening in our world. Mainly for showing me that I’m totally in the clear for still not understanding how we let Trump actually become President. Because America doesn’t even know what the hell happened there.

Thank you for understanding my addictions to ice cream, movies, bread, Pretty Little Liars, facebook memes/Videos, Halloween, binge watching Netflix TV shows, McDonalds chicken nuggets, and weirdly enough Pineapples.

Thank you for showing me the kind of person I deserve to be involved with. That I am worthy of someone who treats me as an equal and holds me to be a better me. Yet, also showing me that there are bad people out there, you just have to stay guarded, and chose those you let into your life, oh so carefully.

Thank you for being my best friend. For being the person I look for when I have any news.The person I can stay up for hours with talking about everything and yet absolutely nothing at the same time. The person I send snapchats to 24/7 because I finally have someone who will tolerate everything I have to say, no matter how strange or irrelevant. I feel that my idea of relationships in general has grown tremendously because of you.

Thank you for showing me an even deeper meaning to what “family” is supposed to be. Introducing me to a whole nother family that I am able to go to with anything. Letting me into the lives of so many amazing individuals has truly changed my entire outlook on life, love, family, and how to not take things too seriously, because one day, none of the materialistic things will matter.

Thank you for helping me have a backbone. I sure am a female with tons of emotions, but I do know that by being engulfed in your life, I have grown to stand on my own even more than before, and to be even more of the person I someday aspire to become.

Thank you for helping me feel comfortable in my own skin. Over these past few months I haven’t felt more sure of myself and confident in my body. You’ve shown me nothing but acceptance and sincerity. I haven’t had the easiest past with this kind of thing, and after you, I’ve finally been able to accept my past and not let it define me. If I’m strong enough to handle your attitude, I can basically take on the world at this point. Even though you have never even heard my whole story.

Thank you for showing me how to care for another person. Showing me that putting others ahead of myself is truly rewarding and valuable.But also that putting myself ahead of others is needed from time to time. You’re someone I am able to value for this characteristic, and look up to in a sense of one’s perception of life.

Thank you for showing me that I am so much more than I ever could have imagined. Showing me that I am worth love and affection. How I am deserving of nothing short of the best and then some. That I am enough the way I am, and that changing for anyone is outrageous.

I know there’s a lot of uncertainty and confusion with where we may be and where we might end up. I know life isn’t always fair and it’s unjust and unruly. Things haven’t always been rainbows and butterflies, and when they weren’t, they were pretty damn close. However, I do know that in time everything eventually works itself out. With that being said I want you to know that there’s a lot you’ve done for me. A lot more than you could probably ever imagine.

I know I’m not one for spilling out my every thought and feeling, I’m also not one to share my whole life story. I’m working on it. A work in progress as one might say. And with the help of you I have been able to put more pieces into my contraption towards making myself whole.

Thank you for everything, even though you didn’t know you deserve it.

You do.