A Thank You Letter To My Second Mom

A Thank You Letter To My Second Mom

You're Superwoman.

1141
A Thank You Letter To My Second Mom
Flickr

First and foremost, I have to say thank you for being one of my best friends. The predicaments that led us to that point are, admittedly, a bit twisted, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Well, I would. You know that as well as anyone.

However, that does not take away from the fact that I am so happy I met you through the mess that we got caught up in. I'm so happy that I have the opportunity to laugh and joke with you and feel like life is okay for awhile whenever we spend any time together, as few and far between as those days are.

Now, I need to get the biggest thing out of the way. Thank you for raising the man I was sure I would marry. Now, before you roll your eyes and scoff at me, telling me that I have no idea what I want in life yet, you and I both know that I do.

So, with that said, thank you for teaching him to be patient. Thank you for teaching him to be kind. Thank you for instilling in him a sense of childlike wonder and innocence that nothing, and no one, could ever take away. Thank you for teaching him how to be a gentleman. Thank you for being on his side whenever he complained about me. (Yes, seriously. I'm sorry it took so long for me to let him take me out.) But with that said, thank you for being patient with him. And thank you, because somewhere in those genes is those blue eyes and that smile that I adored. His wife will be so lucky that he had a momma like you to make him into the fantastic man that he is.

Thank you for shaping me into a better woman. I was lost when I first met you, and now, on some level, I feel like I know more about myself than ever before. You helped me rediscover my passion for writing. You introduced me to new things and new people through your life in theater that I would have never experienced otherwise. You taught me to accept new things and be more open-minded. (And yes, I really am trying.) You helped me find myself again during the worst time of my life, and I will forever be grateful for that.

Thank you for being there when I need you, and even when I don't. I know I can always count on you. You know me better than a lot of people, and your ability to read between the lines with me never fails to amaze me.

Thank you for being my support system. Thank you for being my biggest fan, and for helping me decide about U of M. Thank you, also, for telling me when I go too far and being my dose of reality when I foolishly think that life is made of fairytales.

Thank you for being my go-to person for any earth-shattering moment, all three of them, every broken heart, and every high point. I would not have been able to get through the past year had it not been for you.

As far as I'm concerned, you're Superwoman.

Love you endlessly.