An Open Letter To God

An Open Letter To God

Thank you for another day of life.

674
https://pixabay.com/en/cross-christ-faith-god-jesus-2713356/
Photo by Wendy van Zyl from Pexels

Dear God,

Thank You for another day of life.

There are so many days that dealing with health problems I wonder if I'm going to make it through another day. There are days when the depression gets bad enough that I'm not sure if I can handle finishing another day and starting another one after that. There are days when my feet hurt, my legs hurt, my whole body hurts and I just can't seem to get out of bed. But then it happens. I'm able to struggle through it. I can roll over. I get out of bed. I walk across my bedroom. And I can finish the day.

There are some of those days when it's not quite that easy. I lay in bed. I can't seem to get my body going. I can't seem to function. I have a headache. My legs ache. Something is going on. I look out the window. I'm struggling. The depression is bad. The mood is horrible. Just when I don't think I can pull through another day, I do.

God, I'd like to take a moment to thank you for another day of life.

For some reason, all these years later you keep me going. You keep me plugging away. You watch over me. You help me walk through the days. You help me stay strong. You keep giving me a reason to continue on. I'm not sure what your reason is to keep me here. So many others are gone already. I've lost so many people that I've loved. They are gone. They won't see another tomorrow. They won't watch the sun shine in the sky. They won't see a rainbow. They won't have the opportunity to hug their kids. They won't be able to smile at their grandkids. They won't be able to do the things they always wanted to do.

But yet I'm still here.

God, I'd like to thank you. You keep me here. You keep making me strong. You keep me going day after day. You help me get out of bed. You help me walk across the room. You help me get into the car. You give me the strength and courage to keep going on. You help me plug away even when I don't want to. You give me hope. You give me purpose. And you protect me through the good, bad and ugly. Even though so many people that I miss aren't here today to share the days with me, you keep me around. I wonder so many times why I haven't gone years ago.

But yet I'm still here.

This letter is to you. Because it's you that keeps me going. It's you that brought my children into the world. It's you that has given me one job after the next. It's you that has given me opportunities to keep me going. It's you that keeps me breathing, walking, talking and existing when day after day I wonder why I'm still here.

Thank you, God. For all you do. For all you provide. For all you give. For all you've done for me. Without you, nothing would be possible in my life. And without you, I would not be here today. With you, all things in life are possible.

God, thank you for another day of life.

Sincerely,

Me