Thank You For The Memories

Thank You For The Memories

Some people are temporary, no matter how much you come to love them.

70

We've all been there. We've all experienced the pain which comes from losing a friend or a significant other to life's bitter reality. Sometimes, the way our cards in life get stacked, lead to the unfortunate consequences of that person you've cared for and loved, to leave your life and never come back.

I know how much it sucks to have had this happened to you. I've lost best friends who I thought were going to be by my side for the rest of my life, and every time I think about our friendship I cannot help but feel a wave of emotion coming over me. Somehow, friendships fade, and conversations change to awkward silences. You sit there wondering what there is to talk about with the person you used to be able to say anything to, and that is when you realize, maybe its time to let that friendship go. This, unfortunately, happens not only with friends but with significant others as well. It always starts out perfect, you feel that connection between each other, and it seems as if nothing on this planet can tear the two of you apart. You think your soulmates. Yet, once again, life has a funny way of flipping things around, and your soulmate becomes a distant memory-someone who was merely a tourist in your life; temporary, and with only pictures commemorating their time with you.

As sad as these memories can be, and they are quite sad, it is important to note that everything in life really does happen for a reason. Every action and every decision we make in life has a cause and effect relationship, sometimes the results are wonderful, and sometimes they leave us empty inside. Do not let the loss of your friendships and relationships get your down. Note that these people were in your life for a reason, whether it was to brighten you up on dull, grey days, or to teach you what it is to love- never let the great memories leave your mind and be overshadowed by the sadness of losing those individuals. Be happy at the past you shared with these people, and know that if your friendship or relationship is meant to be, these people will appear once again in your life.

Time is a wonderfully stranger detail in our lives, and it works in ways we can never imagine. With time, we can heal our wounds, we can replace our memories, and hopefully, once again share conversation and laughter with those who we once lost.