A Thank You Letter To All Those Around Me

Everyone stays and leaves for a reason.
16

So, since Thanksgiving is coming up, I decided to write a thank you letter to everyone around me. Those who came into my life recently, those who are not in my life anymore, and those who stuck around with me for a while, just to name a few. I used to think if someone left my life, then there was something wrong with me.

Whether we know it or not, those who are meant to leave all along do so, to make room for better individuals in your life. Just because they’re no longer in your life, does not mean the friendship, and love you had did not ever exist. And even if it didn’t, it’s okay not to be liked by everyone, because there are people in your life who truly love and appreciate you.

So here's my open thank you letter, because all of these people who came into my life, truly helped me grow.

Thanks to those who hated and continue hating me. You continue to give me strength. Without you doubting me, I probably would have never pushed myself as hard and be where I’m at today. You may have hated me, but as I get older, I come to realize that I have nothing but love for you. You helped push me in the right direction, to be the person that I wanted to become, and am still becoming.

Thanks to those that loved me, and still love me. You're continuing to make my heart go fonder. Without the endless love that I receive from my friends, and family I wouldn't try as hard as I do. Now or days, it seems like the world is more full of hate than ever, which is why it's extremely important to me that I surround myself with those who can love unconditionally, even though we might have different opinions from time to time.

Thanks to those who cared, and continue to care. You make me feel important. There's no greater feeling in this world, then knowing your appreciated by someone. It can be something simple, by getting a message that says "I miss you." Those three words can make someone's day, or maybe their whole entire week, month etc. Words are very powerful, which is why we always need to choose them carefully. Sometimes it's easy to feel as though you're not important, but when people show you they care, it can make all the difference.

Thanks to those who entered my life. You made me who I am today. Whether we had good times, or not so good times, I am grateful for all the experiences those who have entered my life at one point or another have given me. All of these experiences have taught me to be more patient, understanding, and to listen to what the other person(s) have to say without completely shutting down. They also have taught me to know when to walk away, and say enough is enough.

Thanks to those that left. You showed me that nothing lasts forever. You are one of the people I'm most grateful to. You showed me love and support when I needed you to, and you also taught me to let go, even when I didn't want to. You showed me that a heartbreak doesn't just happen when you're in a romantic relationship with someone. And even if your heart does get broken, it won't stay that way forever.

Thanks to those who stayed. You show me the meaning of true friendship. There is no one who is in my life that I can honestly say I wish I never met. Everyone, has a major part to play in who I am as a person. (Minus the sarcasm, which is all me.) I wouldn't want to go through the laughs, smiles, tears, and everything in between with anyone else, but all of you. (Y'all know who you are).

Thanks to those who listened, and continue to listen. You made feel like I was worth it, and continue to do so. Although I can never stay awake for those "deep three-in-the-morning" phone conversations, I appreciate all of the 11:30 PM conversations we've had just as much. I can always count on you to tell me when I'm in the right, and even more so when I'm in the wrong. We might not agree depending on the situation, but I still appreciate cha. <3

All credits for the idea for this article go to this photo, which can be found on Facebook!