Thank You, Dr. Blasey Ford

Thank You, Dr. Blasey Ford

A letter to Dr. Blasey Ford

157

Dear Dr. Blasey Ford,

Throughout the entirety of your trial and the confirmation of Judge, rather, Chief Justice Brett Kavanaugh, I believe the focus was skewed. As I'm sure you're aware, your struggle went beyond the realms of that courtroom and your specific, truly horrific experiences.

As a nineteen-year-old girl, I thank you.

Thank you for giving a voice to those of us who cannot find the words or strength to speak up.

Thank you for being the most selfless hero and showing survivors that they're not alone.

Thank you for fighting the most powerful people in our nation and broadening a discussion that is long overdue.

Regardless of the outcome, you made the ultimate sacrifice; something many of us would never have the courage to do. You have brought unity among communities and comfort for those who needed support. The hate you have been receiving is repulsing, but your character, composure, and courage outshine all of that. You must not forget the greatness and love you have inspired.

I hope you know that your fight has not gone in vain. I hope you know that this battle is not ending, but only just beginning. And I hope you know the light and hope you've brought to millions nationwide.

Thank you, Dr. Blasey Ford. You and all the survivors alike are the faces of this movement. Your struggle might not end here, but in turn, it ignites a path of pissed off survivors, their friends and their family who will not let your efforts succumb to the hate.

With sincerest admiration and gratitude,

A 19-year-old Girl