To The Fathers Who Made Us The Women We Are Today
Life Stages

I love you, Dad.

205
Christina Stover

My family is the most important thing in my life. I was incredibly blessed with two loving parents that would drop anything to help me and two siblings that are two of the most caring people I have ever met. While we may occasionally fight and argue, that doesn't mean we don't love each other any less. And while I tell them all I love them every chance I get, I know that one of them doesn't hear it as often.

So, Dad, this one's for you. I don't know where to begin. I guess from the beginning.

Thank you for always being there for me. For making sure I got to school on time as a little kid. Even if that means my pajamas were under my clothes like that one time in kindergarten.

Thank you for being an active member at school. I don't think anyone could have played the role of "Big Kid" better. Or when you sneezed in the library and everyone in the school heard and would look and tell me in my class, "Oh, Christina's dad must be here."

Thank you for going to those father-daughter dances in elementary school with me. I know those can be a little painful, looking back on them.

Thank you for your patience when I couldn't understand a math problem.

Thank you for teaching me how to be responsible and trustworthy by leaving me home alone.

Thank you for taking the time to teach me how to pay bills, write checks, and manage my bank accounts. That stuff can get pretty confusing when you're just learning.

Thank you for pushing me to take certain opportunities and to take advantage of the skills I possess. It's always reassuring to have someone that supports you all of the time.

Thank you for every penny you have spent on me and given me. I can't even imagine how much the lump sum is, but just know that I'll never be able to repay you for that and I appreciate it so much, even if I don't say it right away.

Thank you for taking me on trips to the Nature Center and the pool.

Thank you for doing my hair every day. Who could forget the "Daddy Classic"?

Just, thank you for always being there for me, regardless of the situation. Words can't describe how much it means to me.

I probably forgot a ton of things to thank you for, but I mentioned the important ones. Like any father-daughter duo, we've had our ups and downs: my angsty teen years and my excitable childhood, just to name a few. But underneath all that is a girl that loves her dad deeply and endlessly.

So, even if I don't say "I love you" as often as I should, or I get mad at you and yell stuff I wish I could take back, just know that I will always love you and I don't mean those things I say out of anger. Because how can someone say these things when they have such a caring person like you for their father? You were my hero when I was a child, and know that that still stands, and is not changing anytime soon.