A Thank you to teachers

A Thank you to teachers

You're appreciated

12
A Thank you to teachers
https://images.pexels.com/photos/424517/pexels-photo-424517.jpeg?auto=compress&cs;=tinysrgb&dpr;=2&h;=650&w;=940

Not all kids realize how much teachers do for their students. Teachers go above what they are paid to help students succeed. Often teachers are looked at negatively and don't get the credit they deserve. While some teachers may not be the best, there are a few that stick out. I personally have a few teachers I will never forget because I felt they actually cared about my life and not just my school work. Having a teacher that can joke around with you and cares to learn more about your interest, personality, and who cares to build a bond is what makes a student remember them. Personally it was always the English teachers I will forever remember. I'm sure they know who they are, so thank you!

1. Having faith in me

No matter where I struggled you were always there offering feedback that would better my writing or my reading skills. I might not have done well on a comprehension check but you were always there to help me with that skill and help me understand the lesson.

2. Sacrificing your lunch

You would allow me to sit in your room after you had just gotten done teaching for two hours straight and wanted to go eat your lunch. You would take your time to sit in your room and just talk for a few minutes but those minutes were when you could be eating your lunch in the air conditioning. Knowing that you were sacrificing your lunch to talk to me showed how much you cared.

3. Putting up with my shenanigans

I would walk past your class and wave every period and sometimes twice a period but you put up with it. You would jokingly roll your eyes wide eyed, which made Evie and I laugh. It would distract your class sometimes even resulting in your class having a conversation with me as I passed the door. Your students caught on and started waving back even when you wouldn't see me. But that never stopped you from simply closing the door.

4. Can I have an Ice Pop?

I will never forget the day when my current English teacher texted you asking if I could have an Ice Pop that you had brought in for your current 7th graders. I didn't actually think she was going to text you but she had. We will never know if you were going to give me one but its the thought that counts. Now whenever I see those Ice Pops it brings up good memories of that day.

5. Just being YOU

Your humor and personality really set you aside from the rest of my teachers. Although in the beginning I couldn't always tell if you were kidding, I learned very quickly. You would scream to me in the hallway, "Go to class!!" ,"There's Angie again" ,"See you next period", even though I wasn't your student. And I would usually scream back "I'll be back in a few". What you didn't know was stopping by your classroom and just talking or waving at you and seeing your facial expressions helped me get through a hard time in my life.

All through this journey I had a few teachers in my ear telling me it was weird that I was pretty much always by you, you and I both brushed their comments off. One teacher especially made me feel as if I was a burden to you and an annoyance but then made me realize they were just jealous that I was closer to you then I was them.

Your patience, humor, time and so much more didn't go unnoticed. You were pretty much putting your job on the line for me. By not yelling and me when you would see me multiple times during a single period alone could have gotten you in trouble but you didn't let that get in the way. I appreciate you so much and everything you did/risked for me. You really changed my perspective of teachers in just two short years. So thank you to the teacher that put up with me for two+ years even though I was only your student for one.