One taught me love, one taught me patience, and one taught me pain…

Life can be so unpredictable at times. At a moment in time, you can be on top of the world, but other times you can feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Being a college student can be a bit stressful at times because there are pressures to be "perfect," but you see that perfection is not attainable.

I've had my fair share of adversity in college. Going through adversity isn't always the best feeling, but I love what I gain after it. I have learned most of my important life lessons when I'm placed outside of my comfort zone. During my freshman year of college, I took a business calculus course and found it difficult because I didn't take calculus in high school. I didn't have the foundation that other students had around me. I remember scoring a low score on my first exam and thinking that the world was ending because I had never gotten something that low ever.

While I did shed some tears here and there, I took a step back to analyze my situation. I knew that I could do better, so after the first exam I changed my approach of studying. I actually ended up with a good grade in that class, but going through the actual process of changing my study habits was hard. I changed my approach until it worked. Even to this very day, I am grateful that this happened to me because it helped me find different study methods and grow as a person. Life tends to give you challenges that may be brutal at the moment, but once you overcome them and see your growth it turns into something so beautiful.

What does this have to do with Ariana Grande's current top hit? Well when the song came out, I heard it and instantly loved it! I loved the lyrics, the beat, the vocals, but most importantly I loved the meaning behind the song.

Being constantly watched by the whole world can be a very intimidating thing—sometimes I wonder how these celebrities do it. I know there are many alternatives to this solution. There's a famous quote by Neale Donald Walsch that says, "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

After everything that Ariana Grande has gone through, she has been able to turn her pain into art. This song has many great elements of forgiveness, compassion, and self-love. She easily could have written a song bashing her exes, but the fact that she didn't, made the song much more meaningful. She took a different approach for this song and surprised the world with this hit. Even though she's not a college student worrying about exams, she is going through her own kind of adversity.

I know life will continue to test me with different challenges and all I have to say is... "Thank u, what's next?"I know there will be ups and downs, but isn't that what life is all about? It's about loving the scene, but enjoying the journey along the way.