A Letter To My Best Friend(s)

A Letter To My Best Friend(s)

Distance means so little when friendship means so much.

94
A Letter To My Best Friend(s)
Christina Rasmussen

Dear Best Friend(s),

Words cannot describe how truly thankful I am to have you in my life, but I'm going to try.

It's been said that close friends are life's treasures; friends know us better than we know ourselves. I can sincerely say that you know me better than I know myself. Our laughs, jokes, smiles, conversations, tears, and experiences define our friendship.

If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes, so you could see how really special you are to me. I wish I could explain how the sound of your voice after a long and stressful day makes me at ease and I know that everything will be okay.

I know I'm not perfect. I know I annoy you and make you mad at times, and I definitely know that I say stupid things. I know I don't always have the words to make you feel better, but I do have the arms to give you a hug, ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about, and a heart that aches to see you smile again.

Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more, so thank you. Thank you for being awesome, for always being there for me, and for always making me feel happy. You're one of the best things that's ever happened to me, and I could not imagine my life without either one of you.

Thank you for making me laugh when I think I'll never smile again, and for standing by my side when things get hard.

Thank you for supporting me and being there to share in my laughter and my tears. I know I can laugh with you to no extent and cry with you when times are tough.

Thank you for reminding me I am not alone. I know you are always there to help me with the problems of my life. Never have you turned your back on me or told me I wasn't good enough or let me down, and you have no idea what that means to me.

Thank you for the never ending laughs, nights that turned into mornings, crazy stories, inside jokes, and memories that I'll cherish forever.

I look up to the both of you because you are caring, strong, and beautiful individuals, even if at times you don't think that you are. I hope you know that I'm always here to listen to you and laugh and cry and help in all the ways that I can.

Always remember that when you fall, I will pick you right back up. Twenty years from now, I'll look back and remember that you were the people who could turn every frown into a smile with a few simple words; that you lifted my head when I was losing faith in myself, that you carried my tears on your shoulders after every fight, every death, and every bad day; the people that accepted every decision I made, knew who I really was, and made the biggest difference in my life.

If I were to have only one goal in life, I would try and be at least half the friend(s) you are to me. I hope you know I would not be the person that I am today, without you, my best friends.

Love you to the moon and back,

Christina