It Can Wait!

It Can Wait!

Don't ruin your life!

41
It Can Wait!
http://cartoonsnap.com/blogspot/Willard%20Mullin%20Men/Crying%20man%20drops%20flowers%20on%20the%20grave%20of%20cricket%20-drawn%20by%20Willard%20Mullin.jpg

New drivers everywhere distractions everywhere!! I can't focus! Too many people on the road. Too much noise in my car.

Kaboom! The next thing I knew was that I couldn't feel anything but pain and all I heard were the sirens from the ambulance while people were sobbing. Oh, no, was I dead? Help! Help! I cried. I tried screaming as loud as I could, but nothing came out. I tried turning my head, but something heavy was on me and it really hurt. I couldn't help but cry. "Lauren, Lauren!" I cried "What's going on?" I shouted. And the next thing I knew I was in the hospital breathing through a tube.

"Honey do you know what happened?" my mom asked. Where's my sister? I stuttered. "Your sister didn't make it," my mom said in an uneasy tone. But I need you to tell me what happened. We were on the freeway and -- and Lauren received a message from one of her friends saying she needed a ride and that’s all I remember.

This is why I will never text and drive because my sister lost her life. She had her whole life ahead of her!

Texting and driving can wait!! And it should wait even if you are at a red light! No text message, picture message, notification, or playing Pokemon Go is worth your precious life or the life of someone else!

Texting and driving seems like some sort of growing nation wide trend. It needs to be stopped!

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that in 2012 driver distraction was the cause of 18 percent of all fatal crashes with 3,328 people killed and crashes resulting in an injury with 421,000 people wounded.

Did you know that The Virginia Tech Transportation Institute found that text messaging creates a crash risk 23 times worse than driving while not distracted. Eleven percent of drivers aged 18 to 20 who were involved in an automobile accident and survived admitted they were sending or receiving texts when they crashed.

Let's break this horrible trend before it's too late!! Let's lead by example for the next generation. If we are in the car with someone who is texting behind the wheel we could simply give them clear instructions because communication is key and tell them you feel your life is in danger let them know that by taking their eyes off the road even for a few seconds could cost someone injury or even death.

If texting and driving is such a big deal why are there no laws against it? Just because there is no national band against texting and driving doesn't mean it's right! Actually, you could be fined for texting a driving. If a phone call or message is that important one should be willing to pull over to a safe spot.

Read on to learn some basic facts about texting and driving! You could safe a life! Maybe your own life! Take your pledge at www.safetextingcampaign.com and at www.up.com today!

Here are some basic important facts and statistics that can be found on www.drivesafely.net.

The United States Department of Transportation notes that cell phones are involved in 1.6 million auto crashes each year that cause a half million injuries and take 6,000 lives.

Individuals who drive while sending or reading text messages are 23 times more likely to be involved in a car crash than other drivers. A crash typically happens within an average of three seconds after a driver is distracted.

Don't ruin your life! Let's stop this movement today! Be strong stand up for your safety! Because texting and driving can wait!