Text Messaging vs. Email Marketing: Which Works Best?
News

Marketing

13

.

Email marketing is an integral part of marketing strategy since it enables businesses to reach the inbox of potential targets. However, business text messaging has started dominating marketing strategies in the recent past due to the rise of smartphones. Now, most buyers use smartphones to research and buy products, and a business will have to reach their smartphones to get the desired visibility and make more benefits by sending messages in real-time.

Text Messaging vs. Email Marketing

Both strategies have positives and negatives, and you can integrate the best of both when the objective is to dominate the competition.

How Do They Work?

Text Messaging:

Business text messaging, known as SMS marketing, allows businesses to communicate with targets through their phones. The process uses SMS marketing software to implement marketing initiatives and enable you to create a contact list, track the campaign, deliver the message, check the response rate, and offer the desired visibility and performance. According to experts, all businesses should integrate SMS marketing to develop personalized text messages and win customers' satisfaction. Also, service SMS can customize the text based on customers. It can send coupons, weekly deals, and promotional messages to stay at the top.

Email Marketing:

Email marketing has been around for a long time. It enables businesses to communicate all their targets electronically. Email marketing is a proven way to reach and inspire your potential customers. You can ask for feedback, introduce your new products, and share the deals and coupons using email marketing.

SMS Messaging vs. Email Marketing: Strengths and Weaknesses

You can use email marketing to promote visually rich products with short messages. You can use it to share your discounts and offers. However, SMS marketing can be perfect when you want to share short texts. You can also wish for your targets on specific occasions and develop a connection. But both SMS and email will have some downsides. Emails can go to spam and cannot get attention. Also, text messaging can annoy your targets and offer adverse results.

You will need an internet connection for email marketing, but you can reach the phones of your targets without WIFI. Your targets might avoid long emails and delete them without going through them. But text messages are short and can grab attention fast. Besides, text messages will have a high response rate with higher engagement levels. However, you will have to spend more on business text messaging.

A Fair Comparison: Statistics

Your targets receive more than hundreds of emails every day. Since most emails are lengthy, many ignore them when they come from unknown sources. They delete messages even without checking what is inside. However, business text messaging is short and grabs the attention fast. Hence, they read the text before deleting them. Here are some statistics that prove service SMS gets more attention.

Open Rate: The Open Rate of emails is much less than SMS marketing. When it is 98% for SMS marketing, it is only 20% for emails. The credit goes to the short messages and frequent use of mobile phones.

Click-Through Rate: The click-through rate of SMS marketing is 9.18% higher than other communication mediums. However, the click-through rate of email marketing is 2.5%.

Response Rate: The response rate of business text messaging is much higher than email marketing. An average person will respond to a text message within ninety seconds, but it will be ninety minutes when responding to an email.

Benefits of Business Text Messaging

The key benefit is that you can reach your targets fast without an internet connection and expect a response within minutes. That is something you cannot expect from any other marketing strategy.

Email marketing is a proven way to promote a business or service. But the downside is the lower response time. Your customers will need an internet connection and a reason to check emails. But they carry their phones all the time. They check it when they receive text messages. As a result, you can expect immediate benefits.

They will check your messages and respond to them. Also, it might influence their buying decisions. More importantly, some open emails once or twice a week, but they carry mobile phones all the time, and it makes a difference.

How to Integrate Text Messaging into Your Business Strategy

You can achieve enhanced customer satisfaction by integrating service SMS into your marketing strategy. You can integrate SMS with CRM to offer two-way support to your potential targets. However, you will need a list of potential buyers for better communication. You can make it based on buying behavior, location, and preferences. With this strategy, you can send personalized messages to your customers and connect them with your business.

In addition, you can choose the best time to grab attention fast. You can avoid rush hours and send when your customers can read your message. Besides, you will have to choose the right occasion.

Avoid sending too many messages and respect the privacy of your targets. Always focus on those who have signed up for your products or services. You can expand your reach and grow your business using proven SMS marketing strategies. Too much intervention might lead to adverse results.

Both SMS and email marketing can contribute to the success of your business. Hence, you will have to focus on the strengths and use them for your benefit. Instead of limiting yourself to one strategy, you can combine both strategies. You can use them based on convenience to grab more attention and reach all your targets. A successful marketing strategy will have the best of SMS and email marketing.

The objective is to reach and inspire all the targets, and you can achieve this when you integrate all the proven strategies into your marketing strategy.

Conclusion

You can use SMS and email marketing to promote your business and win enhanced customer satisfaction. You can track the outcome of both and know which is more effective for better communication. You can expand your reach by using proper strategies for different types of customers. Understand the behavior of your customers and plan accordingly.