Flashback to when you were 16 or 17 years old and thinking that college kids seemed so old and mature? As if they had their lives together and were becoming upstanding citizens of society? Now, flash forward to being twenty-two years old. We are nowhere near the images we dreamed up. Though we don't totally feel like adults quite yet, there are parts of us slowly sinking into adulthood that we haven't realized yet. Here are some signs to be on the lookout for:
1. You schedule your own appointmentsGiphy
Probably the most frightening part of becoming an adult is not having mom to make the calls for you anymore.
2. You use the pre-set feature on your coffee makerGiphy
Because you have to get up THAT early.
3. You check your email more than your FacebookGiphy
While your friends are on their phones checking their social media, you're on your phone checking your emails.
4. You use fancy phrases in emails nowGiphy
Being able to use the phrase, "I'm sorry, I will be out of the office this Friday," feels awkward and uncomfortable.
5. You have a basic understanding of how to use Google calendarGiphy
All of those extra apps used to seem unnecessary up until this point. Now you don't know how you survived without them.
6. You physically can't make it until bar timeGiphy
You wish it was more socially acceptable to go to the bars at nine or ten, then we could all be home and in bed by midnight, and still get our seven hours of sleep.
7. Your wardrobe is beginning to look like Amy Poehler from "Parks and Rec"Giphy
Employers won't forgive you for leggings and ripped jeans like they did in your teens.
8. You spend more than $5 on a bottle of wineGiphy
Yeah, you're classy now. You're too good for Barefoot.
9. Your spending money goes towards house accessoriesGiphy
You get more excited buying a new candle or kitchen accessory than you do anything else.
10. There are no boundaries when it comes to mealsGiphy
Ice cream for dinner? Sure. Culvers for the third night in a row? Why not!
11. Your idea of Friday night fun is mostly watching NetflixGiphy
Rather, your idea of fun on any night probably ends in binge watching "The Office."
12. Ikea, Target, Tj MaxxGiphy
Need I say more?