10 Thoughts You Have While Packing For College

We all knew this day would come, yet we put it off anyway.
6

It's that time of year again!

The back to school commercials are on repeat, the seasonal sections of stores are littered with supplies; it's time to go back to school.

For those who live on campus, this means scrambling to track down anything and everything you may need for the upcoming semester.

Just a few things may cross your mind...

1. I can't wait to be back.

You've been stuck in a work, eat, sleep, repeat cycle for many weeks. Time for your freedom to resume!

Can't I just fast forward through all of this stacking and sorting and have a perfectly set up room?

2. Am I bringing too much?

I guess I won't be able to tell until I can't walk across my room!

3. Where are all of my socks?

I've bought three packs of in the last two months, yet I can never seem to track down the matches for these lonely socks...

4. I need new ____.

IT'S A TRAP. You made it just fine without all of these things you're convinced you need. Next thing you know, you credit card company is calling you with possible fraud detection because someone decided to spend $300 at Bed Bath and Beyond.

5. Where is my phone?!

It gets constantly buried under piles of clothes, tucked between boxes, and ends up just about everywhere except the place I need it.

6. Why do I even have this?

Unneccesary things, meet the dumpster.

7. Why didn't I go through my stuff when I moved out?

I'm sure my parents would have appreciated it before I came home and filled the living room three months ago.

8. Hey, I haven't seen this in....

Also a trap!!! Next thing you know, you'll be digging for that journal you and your best friend from the sixth grade wrote about which boys in your class were the cutest. Not worth it! Time is ticking away!

9. There's no way this is going to fit.

Chances are, you're probably right. Better bust out the space saving vacuum bags.

10. Forget it, I'll do this later.

Eventually, you reach the point where your five minute "breaks" turn into a three hour nap session. Then, you accept it, and give up.

Happy packing to all!