10 Signs You're An English Major

10 Signs You're An English Major

Life as English major is not all fun and games.
131

Life as an English Major can be rough. Sometimes you get annoyed by all the questions you get asked and because all of your friends need you to proof read their papers. Sometimes, you're proud, but other times it's rough as hell. If you're an English major, you'll definitely be able to relate to some of these signs and know these definitely ring true to your major.

1. You correct EVERYONE'S grammar.

You just can't help it. It's a force of habit when you write a million papers.

2. Everyone assumes that you want to teach.

It's awesome if you want to, but not every English major is meant to be a teacher or a professor.

3. Books. Are Life.

You are literally never seen without a book.

4. You annotate EVERYTHING

5. You love the smell of old books

People might think you're weird for it, but Miss Rory Gilmore has the right idea here with her glaring

6. An ideal date for you is just browsing through the bookstore as your significant other just watches and supports your unnecessary but sometimes necessary spending habit

But when in a bookstore you know you can't help but pick up and gush to whoever's with you about a fantastic book you just read because it was too amazing not to share.

7. Your backpack is always heavier than it should be from all the books you carry around with you and it is definitely is not good for your back

but to you it's worth it because if you finish a book you have another one with you to start!!

8. Typically if you're good at grammar you can't seem to figure out math.

But it's okay because your fellow liberal arts majors are right there with you

9. You get annoyed when someone tells you Romeo and Juliet is all there is to British Literature or Shakespeare's is the only thing in British Literature to study.

HES NOT THE ONLY BRITISH PERSON TO WRITE PLAYS

10. You write for Odyssey.

because no matter how hard you try you just can't get away from the writing life.