10 Signs You Have Found Your Platonic Soulmate

There are two types of soulmates. The one you say "I do" to and the one standing by your side when you say it. This list is for the later.

1638

This is the person who would help you hide the body and drive the getaway car. They're your right hand, your go-to, as Drake would say. The Cristina to your Meredith. Here are 10 signs you've found your platonic soulmate.

1. You have the same sense of humor.

Admit it, you say some really weird things at times and you know no one else would understand it, but this person does. They laugh at all your jokes, even when they're not funny and vice versa. You are usually laughing around each other, even though your timing may be really inappropriate.

2. When you're apart a piece of you is missing.

Whether it's a few hours, days, weeks, or (tragically) months, when you're not with this person life just isn't the same. Time apart is often filled with constant texts, Snapchats, and phone calls that last hours. Your reunions involve tight hugs and sometimes tackling because you just miss this person that much.

3. You put up with each others weird obsessions.

Whether that obsession be a boy band, a sport, dogs, or T-Pain, you'll put up with it because you love that person so much. Sometimes you may even develop a tolerance for whatever weird thing the other likes. I mean if I've learned to tolerate hours of T-Pain, anyone can.

4. Sitting in silence isn't a problem.

Although there's probably very little times where you're silent, when that time comes, the silence isn't awkward. You two have become so comfortable with each other that it doesn't really matter what you do when you're together.

5. But having something to talk about isn't a problem either.

No matter what, you always have something to talk about. Whether it's something little like that cute boy in your class picking up your pencil or something big like what you want to do with your future, you two never run out of conversation pieces... Even if stories are occasionally repeated.

6. You dislike the same things.

That girl who posted a pic with your crush? Automatic dislike. The really annoying professor your friend has? He's the absolute worst. The boy who broke your heart? He might as well be dead. No matter who or what it is, if one of you doesn't like something or someone, the other dislikes it just for you.

7. You never say, "I told you so."

Even when you were completely right. You know that's not what your friend needs to hear right now, what they really need is ice cream from Sonic or a Baja Blast from Taco Bell. Eventually, you'll get your time to remind them that they should listen to you more often, but you comfort them first before anything else.

8. Nothing is off limits.

You tell them when they've had enough or when that dress is just a little (a lot) too short or that the guy they've been ogling for half an hour actually doesn't look like Chris Evans. You can tell each other anything and your relationship wouldn't be as amazing if you couldn't.

9. You would do anything for each other.

From late nights in the library to wiping away tears to going to the mall when they don't want to go alone, you would do anything the other asked. No matter how crazy the scheme or how late in the night it is, when they call, you pick up, jump in their car, and see what trouble you two can get into this time.

10. You accept each other for who you are.

They've seen you at your worst and probably helped make you look your best. This person sees you for you and they accept you, flaws and all. Your platonic soulmate is the person who makes you see just how special you are even when you can't see it yourself. They tell you you are beautiful even though that stupid boy won't and they remind you that you are more than your GPA, weight, or relationship status.

Friendships are an important part of life, especially solid friendships that can make it through anything. You may not marry this type of soulmate, but you sure will spend the rest of your lives together, so choose wisely. I know I did!