10 Justifications Every Patriots Fan Makes When They Lose

If David Tyree didn't have gum stuck to his helmet, we would have had five Super Bowls.

5

You know, if we weren't playing with a practice squad, we would have won.

If Roger Goodell wasn't legitimately out to get us, we would have won.

If Rob Gronkowski wasn't targeted for offensive pass interference every other play, we would have won.

If Danny Amendola didn't shatter on every play, we would have won.

If Julian Edelman hadn't finally shattered (the number of hits he takes...probably should have been out a while back), we would have won.

If our offensive line didn't consist of random men and garbage cans plucked from the streets of Boston, we would have won.

If Revis didn't pick money over another Super Bowl, we would have won.

If Dion Lewis didn't suffer the IR fate that most of our new, really important players do, we would have won.

If Bill Belichick wasn't such a genius, we would have lost by 50 points.

If we didn't have Tom Brady out there throwing to a bunch of those same garbage cans on the offensive line, we would have lost by over a hundred points.

Summary: We theoretically have a perfect record.