10 Favorite Quotes From "One Tree Hill"

10 Favorite Quotes From "One Tree Hill"

Many of the quotes in "One Tree Hill" pertain to real life and it's easy for one to relate to them.

5442
10 Favorite Quotes From "One Tree Hill"
Fanpop

I recently finished watching "One Tree Hill" and even though it took me about five years to complete nine seasons, it is by far one of the greatest pieces of television that I have ever watched. The entirety of the show is brilliantly written. It takes a lot for a script to come across from an actor to the viewer and actually move them emotionally. You need brilliant screenwriters and actors that portray the characters to the point that you believe that the show is indeed real life. Many of the quotes in "One Tree Hill" pertain to real life and it's easy for one to relate to them.

1. And all you need is one... one person.

“At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And, sometimes, all you need is one.” Peyton Sawyer, season three, episode 10.

2. Life is hard, but it sure is one beautiful journey.

“I’ve come to the conclusion that if having things turn out the way you wanted them to is a measure of a successful life, then some would say I’m a failure. The important thing is not to be bitter over life’s disappointments. Learn to let go of the past. And recognize that every day won’t be sunny, and when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair, remember it’s only in the black of night you see the stars. And those stars will lead you back home. So don’t be afraid to make mistakes, to stumble and fall, cause most of the time, the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you’ll get everything you wish for. Maybe you’ll get more than you ever could have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long and in the end, the journey is the destination.” Coach Whitey Durham, season three, episode 15.

3. Love is a beautiful thing, especially when the person you love, loves you back.

“You ever heard the expression, ‘The best things in live are free.’ Well, that expression is true. Every once in a while, people step up they rise above themselves sometimes they surprise you and sometimes they fall short. Life is funny sometimes. It can push pretty hard but if you look close enough, you can find hope in the words of children, in the bars of the song and in the eyes of someone you love. And if you’re lucky, if you’re the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back.” Nathan Scott, season three, episode 20.

4. You're put on this planet for a reason. Fight hard for what you want and never give up till you achieve it because it will all be worth it in the end.

“My name is Lucas Scott. I’m a senior at Tree Hill High School. I play basketball… at least I used to. I have a girlfriend… at least I used to. And I have a best friend. Tree Hill is just a place somewhere in the world. Maybe it’s a lot like your world, maybe it’s nothing like it. But if you look closer, you might see someone like you, or someone like you. Someone trying to find their way. Someone trying to find their place. Someone trying to find their self. Sometimes it seems like you are the only one in the world who’s struggling, who’s frustrated, unsatisfied, barely getting by. But that feeling’s a lie. And if you just hold on, just find the courage to face it all for another day, someone or something will find you and make it all okay. Because we all need a little help sometimes – someone to help us hear the music in their world, to remind us that it won’t always be this way. That someone is out there. And that someone will find you…” Lucas Scott, season four, episode one.

5. Be a fighter every second of every day.

“You can choose to blame your circumstances on fate or bad luck or bad choices. Or you can fight back. Things aren’t always going to be fair in the real world. That’s just the way it is. But for the most part, you get what you give. Rest of your life is being shaped right now. With the dreams you chase, the choices you make, and the person you decide to be. The rest of your life is a long time. And the rest of your life starts right now…” Haley James Scott, season five, episode two.

6. Happiness is key in life.

“Happiness comes in many forms -- in the company of good friends, in the feeling you get when you make someone else’s dream come true, or in the promise of hope renewed. It’s okay to let yourself be happy because you never know how fleeting that happiness might be…” Lucas Scott.

7. Don't let anyone tell you, you can't be who you want to be because in some way or form we are all that one in a million.

"She said your chances are one in a million, and I said, maybe I'm that one. She said you're not. She was wrong, and whatever she thought she saw in me was wrong, because I am that one in a million." Brooke Davis.

8. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever.

“It was a comet. The boy saw the comet and he felt as though his life had meaning. And when it went away, he waited his entire life for it to come back to him. It was more than just a comet because of what it brought to his life: direction, beauty, meaning. There are many who couldn’t understand, and sometimes he walked among them. But even in his darkest hours, he knew in his heart that someday it would return to him, and his world would be whole again… And his belief in God and love and art would be re-awakened in his heart. The boy saw the comet and suddenly his life had meaning.” Lucas Scott.

9. Life moves pretty fast and before you know it, it passes you by. Just remember to savor it.

“It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re 17 and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life.” Nathan Scott, season nine, episode 13.

10. Just believe.

“Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want, everything you want. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle is gonna come from, the next smile, the next wish come true. But if you believe that it’s right around the corner, and you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it, to the certainty of it, you just might get the thing you’re wishing for. The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it. So, make your wish. Do you have it? Good. Now, believe in it with all you heart…” The entire OTH cast, season 5, episode 13 and season nine, episode 13.

There's only one Tree Hill.