Coffee. Some love it, some hate it. But if you’re anything like me, you can’t live without it. There was a time when you realized that your likeness turned into a full-blown obsession. A once-in-a-while thing turned into an everyday routine. Here are the signs that you just might be in a relationship with coffee.

It’s the first thing on your mind every morning.The moment you open your eyes, it’s all you can think about. You get through your morning routine of showering and getting ready for the day with the thought of the coffee you’ll indulge in once you’re done. It gets you motivated to leave the house a little bit earlier to stop at your favorite spot.

And the last thing you think about before you fall asleep.As you’re drifting off to sleep, the thought of the coffee you’ll have in the morning dances in your head. You dream of grabbing your favorite flavor on your way to class, and know the power of its caffeine will help to keep you awake. (Also, is that coffee alarm clock really a thing? 'Cause it should be)

You can detect its scent from a mile away. You can walk into any classroom, building, or even household and instantly know whether coffee has been recently brewed. Like a good cologne, the smell of it intoxicates you and then it’s the only thing on your mind. You get jealous when you can smell other people’s coffee and do not have one of your own.

You spend money on it. Besides dropping money on coffee itself every day, you always buy accessories for it. Whether that be a cute travel mug from Starbucks, a koozie to keep the ice cold, or a (splurge) Keurig for the convenience, you’re always spending your own money on it. That’s sacrifice.

You’ve learned to love it in all its forms.

As you got to know it better, you started to love everything you used to hate about coffee. You swore you’d never drink it hot and now you find yourself getting it in all its forms. Hot, iced, with milk, without sugar, extra cream, you name it. Of course, you have your favorite way, but you’ve broadened your taste and loved it for all its “flaws”.

It's always there for you. No matter what time of morning, afternoon, or night, its always there for you to give you the pick-me-up you need to get through the rest of the day. You can 100% rely on it to make you feel better.