Teachers, When A Student 'Asks' To Go Bathroom, They're Not Really Asking; It's A Warning

This is the story of how I pooped my pants... twice... in one day... within a three hour period.
2167

This is the story of how I pooped my pants… twice… on the first day of school… within a three-hour time frame and all because my teacher refused to let me go. Also, this is incredibly embarrassing to tell, but here goes.

On the first day of school, I had really bad IBS. However, it being the first day, my mother, of course, didn’t believe me. She must have thought I was just nervous, so naturally, I was sent to school. Within minutes of class starting, I felt a tightness in my stomach. I knew I was going to poop. Being the considerate child that I am, I didn’t want to disrupt the class and learning environment, so I did my very best to hold it in. When I couldn’t hold it any longer, I raised my hand and very politely and calmly asked to use the restroom. Now, my teacher did not have the sensitivity to understand the dire need of my bowels. She replied, “Class just started you can hold it.”

Here’s a tip for any teachers reading this. When a child asks to go to the bathroom, they aren’t really asking for permission; they’re basically saying, “Poop will happen, it’s your choice where.”

At this point, I’m bursting at the seams, and so the poop happens. Again, I raise my hand with slight annoyance and repeat, "I really need to go to the bathroom.” Again she says I can hold it. (But at this point I really can't.) So I had to come clean. I had to say in front of everyone in my third-grade class, "I pooped my pants, I really need to go to the bathroom." I was immediately sent to the clinic. As I walked down the aisle, I could feel the judging eyes following my butt as I walked out the door. In the clinic, I cleaned myself off, changed into a new pair of underwear (thank you, Mrs. Morris) and put the soiled undergarments in a bag before walking back to class. I sat down like nothing had happened, and the next three hours went by very smoothly… then lunch happened.

I ate lunch and immediately knew that something had gone very wrong. So, I went back to the teacher and asked to use the bathroom. She hadn't learned her lesson from my first poop session, so again, she says no. I tell her that this is an emergency. She still said no. I had to wait until the bathroom pass was free, and by that point, we already know what happened. Let’s say it together: poop happened. I went to the clinic again, and this time, the clinic lady was slightly concerned. I got another pair of underwear from the clinic and took my soiled underwear back to class in a plastic bag. I just had enough. I start bawling my eyes out. I was completely inconsolable. And again, I was sent to the clinic… and basically stayed there for the whole day. Then, I went home with two bags of poopy underwear. I told you so, Mom. Needless to say, it was not a great first day of school.

The moral of this story is for all teachers and future educators out there. Remember, if a student is asking to go to the bathroom, you should probably let them go, or be prepared to deal with the poop pandemonium.