Tea For Your Every Mood

Tea For Your Every Mood

Get you a tea that can do both.

30
Tea For Your Every Mood
The Huffington Post

Is there a better way to warm up, chill out, relax, wake up, or just plain feel good besides tea? I think not. I have a passion for tea, and managed to pick up a few things while I was a Barista at Starbucks for a few years. Here are some teas for your every mood.

1) Not having it. Grumpiness and sleepiness are synonymous, at least for me. Earl Grey tea can fix all your wounds, I promise you. Packed with black tea leaves, your respiratory system will speed up at a safe pace, sending oxygen to your brain, and waking you up without a crash later on. Plus, notes of lavender have been known to ease anxiety and tension, and lemon gives you that kick in the ass (and the taste buds) that you may need.

2) Chillin’ out. Chamomile tea and rest go hand in hand. A completely herbal tea made from the delicate, daisy-like chamomile flower, chamomile is the best natural sedative (in my opinion) short of a horse tranquilizer. Seriously, it’ll knock you out, and make you feel completely at ease. I find I don't wake up throughout the night if I have a cup beforehand. Also, this tea comes from something so beautiful, you'd be hard-pressed to find it in packaging that isn't really artful. Even the $2 Celestial Seasonings variety. Seriously. Suddenly you're transported to a Tuscan veranda gazing on a meadow of flowers. How's that for chill?

3) Bored. Chai tea is zesty and exciting, like a parade of middle Eastern spicy flavors in your mouth. Cinnamon, star anise, and clove team up to refresh your senses, keep you alert, and keep you going. Plus, chai is naturally a pretty sugary-tasting blend all on its own, so you won't need those bored-and-not-hungry-but-yet-I-can’t-stop-eating snacks nearby. I find the smell of chai to just smell of fall/winter-y goodness in its very essence, which is aromatherapy. Every time I drink a cup in my office, my coworkers ask blankly: “who has a candle on?” I'm drinking the candle, man. And I'm never going to tell you.

4) PMSing. Licorice tea is your best friend when it’s that time of the month. Though it may be an acquired taste, this tea can settle your belly, calm your skin the f down, and possibly even help to regulate your hormones over time. Something about licorice tea has a huge effect on my mood, personally. I find I'm much less quick to get angry in traffic, snap at my boyfriend, or think negative thoughts when I drink a cup a day for about a week. None of what I'm saying constitutes as medical advice (duh) but I recommend it.

5) Sick. Peppermint tea has saved my life and sanity on more than one occasion. I don't know about you, but my world caves in on me whenever I'm nauseous, hungover, or truly sick. Peppermint tea soothes the throat, calms the stomach, and the aroma opens the sinuses better than Vicks vapor rub for me. Of all teas, this is my absolute must have in my cabinet in at least 2 varieties. Peppermint has been considered a healing herb for centuries and as soon as you introduce it into your life, I promise you’ll see why.