Totally Insta-Worthy Moments From The Taylor Swift 'reputation' Pop-Up Shop

Swifties take 11 Fulton St, NYC, for the best pop-up shop ever.

72
Alex West

Swifties united in the freezing cold outside of 11 Fulton Street for the opening day of Taylor Swift’s reputation pop up shop. And I can proudly say I was among them. A three-hour wait was worth it, though.

Perhaps the coolest part was the fans. The thing about being a Taylor Swift fan is that you’re more of a family than anything else. Taylor is known for treating her fans like her friends and that equates to quite a bond between Swifties that is so hard to pull apart. Fans in line were diverse in demographics, especially age. While I was mostly surrounded by college-age Swifties, there was also a small 8-year-old boy nearby who knew more about Taylor than literally anyone in line.Just beyond the beautiful doors with her face plastered on them, was the phone. When I say the phone… I mean the phone.

“The old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Oh! 'Cause she’s dead.”

Yeah… that phone. Best part? You were able to touch the phone. I’m not going to lie; after using it I felt like the old me had shed and I was a new being born a new — a more powerful version of myself.

Beyond the phone, there were plenty more photo-ops in a very Swift-esque way. As seen in her new album, reputation, Taylor has taken an edgier bite to her music. Her store portrayed this by pairing pretty and feminine with modern dark Taylor. While we all love "Red"-era Taylor, we know this new direction will work out well for her.

Some walls were dark and black-lighted with song lyrics, but others were pretty floral backdrops with symbols. This dynamic was chic and upbeat. The lighting and ambiance were paired particularly well to highlight Swift’s new adult persona.

In addition to photo opportunities, there were free snacks for fans to enjoy and a beautifully arranged seating area that, honestly, could have been even cuter Instagram pictures.

It wouldn’t be a shop without some shopping. Taylor Swift’s new merchandise was on display and available to purchase throughout the entire store. Some of the merch was recognizable from the online shop, but there were also some new tokens that you could snag to take home as well. The only downfall? No boosts for your Taylor Swift Tix account. How on earth am I going to be able to get those front row seats now?

Honestly, if you’ve ever wanted an ideal power play picture for the ‘Gram, this was it.

The Taylor Swift Pop-Up shop was everything fans deserved and more. I am still mesmerized by its beauty and of course can’t get reputation to stop buzzing in my head. The beauty of the album was only amplified by this experience and I cannot wait for Taylor’s world tour.