So I'm sure as most of you know there has been this huge fight between Kanye West and Taylor Swift, but does she have a right to even be mad? Well before we even begin to talk about that, let's talk about how this whole thing began. In 2009 Taylor Swift and Beyonce were nominated for the same VMA and taylor won it, but Kanye west apparently felt so entitled that he hopped on stage to say that Beyonce deserved that award. thus creating the extreme tension that still exists between Kanye and her. Afterwords, she jokingly made a song about it maybe a year or less after the incident, and then at some point in 2015 it was claimed that they were on good terms and got a burger together. As far as I'm aware, there was a recent speech in the last year at an award show where she indirectly refers to Kanye when she says that people are going to try to take credit for all of your hard work. What she means is that Kanye West tried to say that he’s the reason she is famous which probably makes Taylor very mad, and rightfully so.

On top of all of this, he name drops her name in his new song "Famous" in such a vulgar manner. The big line is “ I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex. Why? I made that bitch famous (God damn). I made that bitch famous." After fans of Taylor and Taylor herself had said this was disrespectful, rude, etc., Kanye’s wife Kim Kardashian released Snapchat videos of him calling Taylor and discussing the line of the song. The thing that I noticed when I watched the videos, was that he did in fact tell her about a portion of that line which was “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex” but he never talked to her about referring to her as “that bitch” which is something I'm sure most women can agree is extremely rude and disrespectful. He also yet again says that he made her famous, but how can you belittle someone's success and give yourself all of the credit? I don't think that people like Taylor because of him. Her songs selling and getting radio play after a year of the album release isn't because Kanye made himself look like a fool on stage back in 2009, it's because she’s worked hard to make the best music she could.

On the other side, I can see that Kanye probably thought it was fine because Taylor said that he should write whatever sounds right. Because of the type of music he writes, he probably thought it was completely acceptable because in the rap industry they degrade women all the time without even batting an eye. I still think that Kanye should've read the entirety of the line to her, but that's just me.