The Best Moments From Taylor Swift's 'City Of Lover' Special On ABC

11 Moments From 'City Of Lover' That Reminded Us Taylor Swift Is The CEO Of Melting Our Hearts

If I can't go to Lover Fest in 2021, I'm canceling 2021.

6527
ABC

Taylor Swift, yet again, gave the Swifties something they didn't expect, but of course love(r)d.

Sunday night, Taylor Swift's "City of Lover" special aired on ABC which was full of behind the scenes secrets, first live performances of her album "Lover," and the scoop behind a lot of her new songs. If you haven't watched the hour-long special yet, you can see it on Disney+ and Hulu!

These moments from the show really just made us remember why we love Taylor Swift oh-so-much.

1. Taylor's gratitude.

Taylor starts every concert showing such sincere, incredible gratitude to her fans and everyone supporting her. It's not just a "thank you guys so much for being here, I love you." She puts so much heart and love behind everything she says, and it shows.

Can you tell I'm a Swiftie yet?

2. The songs she sang acoustically.

Taylor decided to sing some of the songs that she hasn't sung before from "Lover" acoustically because that was the way that she wrote them. There is NOTHING better than when one of your favorite artists takes artistic control of their music and performances to give their fans something SUPER special.

3. "The Archer" performance

"The Archer" was already such a beautiful song, but it's always an added bonus to hear the extra pieces that make it so special to Taylor to make it even more beautiful.

4. "Death by a Thousand Cuts" acoustic. 

This song was originally a bop off of this album, but Taylor singing it live and acoustic gave it a new sound and meaning.

5. "Cornelia Street" acoustic.

There was so much passion behind this performance and you can tell how much it means to Taylor, which, we all love.

6. Taylor's interactions with the audience.

Taylor really interacts with the audience in a way that makes it feel so intimate and personal. She knows how to connect with her fans more than any celebrity fan base I've ever seen.

7.  Her vocals.

Taylor's acoustic performances during this concert strip down the bells and whistles showing how talented and beautiful her voice is essentially on its own. Also, she's the one playing the instruments with the stripped-down performances so, the musicality is all in her hands and voice, absolutely incredible.

8. "Daylight" acoustic performance.

"Daylight" does not get enough love on "Lover" because a lot of her other ones took the spotlight, but this acoustic performance brought it back to the surface to get the appreciation it deserves.

9. The sass and joy  during "You Need to Calm Down."

Taylor has been very clear on her stance on same-sex marriages preaching that love is love and equality is essential and this song and performance reiterates that.

10. Taylor declaring her favorite song off of "Lover."

Yes, it is "Lover."

11. The matching guitar, guitar pick, mic, and mic stand. 

So much "Lover" pink, such a vibe.

12. The snippets of Taylor behind the scenes preparing for the concert and enjoying Paris with her band. 

You can tell that she and her band are close which makes her performances that much more special.

Snag your Swiftie merch to support your favorite Taylor albums like this "Gorgeous" wine glass and this "Lover" merch bundle!

As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.