Target Launched A Badge To Show Which Brands Are Black-Owned

Target Launched A Badge To Show Which Brands Are Black-Owned — We HOPE​ More Retailers Follow

The fight for equality continues.

642

In case you haven't heard the latest news in the fight for equality, Target now has a badge to help its shoppers identify Black owned or founded products. The badge, which can be found on the Instagram post below, is located under the "At A Glance" section of the Target site.

In addition to letting their shoppers know which products are Black-owned or founded, they are also trying to do a better job at equal representation throughout their social media.

This is a crucial time in history. Companies have the power to lead and change the narrative in this country, especially big companies like Target. We need to support diversity, life people up, celebrate them, and not be afraid to acknowledge our own mistakes when addressing race.

Addressing our shortcomings as a nation is the first step to making true progress.

Target is doing just that by taking steps to celebrate Black business owners and employees. They're admitting they aren't perfect. They're admitting they had shortcomings and blinders on, but they're taking steps to correct it.

This is a great step towards promoting equality in retail and supporting Black business owners in their endeavors.

Way to go, Target, you're taking steps to promote equality, and I'm here for it.