Tapping Out Vol.1 — Magic: The Gathering Deck Ideas

East Meets West, Weird Science, and I Sacrifice Your Creatures For Breakfast

35
mendicantbias00 / DeviantArt

Did I ever mention that I just LOVE Magic: The Gathering? So much that I am willing to share some of my decks that I have found (and made) on tappedout.net . Now, remember that these decks are prototypes and that I am still working on them. Let us begin.

1. East Meets West

A Boros Aggro deck that combines the Bushido and Battalion mechanics. Battle-Mad Ronin, Boros Elite, and Legion Loyalist work especially well together (especially since they are low-cost creatures). Battle-Mad Ronin has Bushido 2, meaning that it gets +2/+2 when it blocks or is being blocked. Boros Elite's Battalion ability grants it a +2/+2 when it attacks with another creature. Now Legion Loyalist's Battalion ability is where this three card combo gets dangerous. Legion Loyalist grants creatures I control first strike and trample until the end of turn. So I potentially have two creatures swinging for 3/3 each with first strike (likely to kill most early game creatures with one blow) and then have the potential to deal damage thanks to trample.

But Juan, you may say. If I attack with all three of those creatures then I leave myself open to attack! This is true. That is why you play Call to Glory and then Hold the Line, just as an added boost. Your opponent won't know what hit him!

2. I Sacrifice Your Creatures For Breakfast

This a Rakdos Cruel Control deck that is great for trolling your opponent. Essentially is a discard deck that allows you take control of your monsters and the sacrifice them in order destroy more of their creatures. For example, let's say that your opponent has a 10/10 creature on the field that doesn't have indestructible and hexproof. Okay, so that is super unrealistic. But bare with me. You use Traitorous Blood to gain control of it, giving it both trample and haste in the process. You can then with attack with it and then (given that the creature survives and has been blocked, likely killing another creature), you can then use Alter's Reap to sacrifice that creature, allowing you to draw to cards as a result.

Now if you are worried about counterspells like Mana Leak or Negate, that is where Glaring Spotlight comes in. It gives your characters hexproof. And if you want to finish off your opponent, have Ogre Marauder and then sacrifice Glaring Spotlight. Now not only are your creatures hexproof and unblockable, but you also get rid of another creature, adding insult to (game ending injury).

Thanks to Headers13 for the original deck idea.

3. Weird Science

This is an Izzet Aggro Control deck that is stacked with instants and sorceries. The goal of this deck is to use said instants and sorceries to boost creatures and trigger abilities. Take for example my Nivix Cyclops, which is a mighty defender in its own right. Now play Temur Battle Rage and you get a double whammy: Not only does Nivix Cyclops attack with double strike, but because Nivix Cyclops (at this point) becomes a 4/4, Temur Battle Rage's Ferocious ability triggers, giving it trample as well. Same for Kiln Fiend as well.

Now as Aggro as it sounds, it has some control elements. I can use Act of Treason to gain control of one of their creatures. I can then use that creature to attack (along with my buffed up creatures) and then use Disperse to return into its owner's hand. So I can get more damage in one turn!

And that concludes this session of Tapping Out! Next time I will be talking about more decks on Tapped Out! Good Day and Good Gaming!