Tangles: Poems About Hair

Tangles: Poems About Hair

She took my hair with her

Braids

Your fingers scrape through my hair

collecting untamed strands.

Pulling, ripping out, and pulling again.

Long strawberry hair missing from the root.

Your fingers unravelling tangles.

Sit still. I don’t want to have to start over again.

There is no gentle. There is only

one slick braid running down my spine.

Hair Thief

When I was six my best friend cut my hair.

I don’t know where we got the scissors

or why we thought it was a good idea.

I was too scared to cut her hair

so I pretended.

She cut an “M” in my bangs

because her name started with an M.

She hid a fist full of my hair behind her back

as my mom’s footsteps lingered down the hall

shoving it into her pocket when my mom walked in.

I’ve always found it odd that she left with my hair.

Curling

My sister curled my eyelashes

before Christmas pictures.

I was hoping for a little help

with blush and mascara.

It’ll look way better this way.

Just keep your eye open

I agreed

keeping my eyes open wide as

her plastic Mary Kay curler

clamped down on my hair.

The first eye was fine.

The second eye I blinked.

Then Screamed.

What’s wrong?

You’re just being dramatic.

Wait there is blood on the curler.

I think I cut your eyelid.

I don’t curl my eyelashes anymore.

13 Must-Have Lipsticks Even A College Student Could Afford

No money? No problem!

If you’re like me, then you love makeup but have a limited budget. Sometimes, products are so cheap that they don’t even work. I found out which lipsticks are the best and won’t break the bank. It’s time to stop wasting your money on bad lipsticks and buy these instead!

1. ColourPop - "Viper"

“Viper” is an ultra-matte liquid lipstick in a rosy shade. It’ll stay on all day AND all night!

2. ColourPop - "Baracuda"

“Baracuda” is an ultra-satin liquid lipstick in a darker rosy shade. It’s super pigmented.

3. Makeup Academy Color Intense - "Coral"

This MUA lipstick glides on smoothly and will compliment any skin tone.

4. Butter London LIPPY Moisture Matte - "Blowing Raspberries"

“Blowing Raspberries” is super matte and lasts all day!

5. NYX Lip Lingerie - "Embellishment"

NYX provides a liquid lipstick that won’t break the bank but is still pretty good quality.

6. NYX Pin Up Pout - "Cocktail Hour"

Not a big liquid lipstick fan? That’s OK. NYX also has great solid lipsticks, such as this one in “Cocktail Hour.”

7. Revlon Super Lustrous - "Love That Red"

“Love That Red” is extremely moisturizing. Gone are the days of dry lips with this lipstick.

8. MAC Little Mac - "Russian Red"

Want a high-quality lipstick at a cheap price? Try this mini lipstick from MAC, it’s the same product as their larger lipsticks but it won’t break the bank.

9. ULTA Matte - "Pomegranate"

Every girl needs a dark lipstick, and this one from Ulta would look great on anybody!

10. Maybelline SuperStay 24 - "Perpetual Plum"

Have you ever wanted your lipstick to stay for 24 hours? Well, now you have that ability with the Maybelline SuperStay 24!

11. Burt’s Bees - "Wine Wave"

More of a natural girl? Burt’s Bees sells great lipstick at a great price.

12. Sephora Collection #Lipstories - "Brunch Date"

This matte lipstick from Sephora’s new #Lipstories collection will stay even through your lunch break!

13. Sephora Collection #Lipstories - "Fire Side"

“Fire Side” has a creamier finish but lasts just as long as its sister, "Brunch Date!"