YouTubers are some of the biggest "celebrities" nowadays, and it's still so hard to believe that the same people who started out filming videos in their bedrooms are now walking red carpets, attending premieres, and mingling with those from traditional, mainstream media.

There's a YouTube channel for everyone. Gaming channels, the beauty community, DIY-ers, daily vloggers, storytime channels, drama channels, unboxing videos, reviews, ex-Viners, whatever the heck the Paul Brothers do, and so much more.

With so many different categories available, the amount of YouTubers that exist and are "well known" is insane. It's hard to keep up with all of the creators (especially since new ones are coming out pretty much every day) but I'm sure we can all agree on a few that are household names (at least for everyone who is familiar with the platform) such as PewDiePie, Shane Dawson, Miranda Sings, Markiplier, James Charles (R.I.P.—he's not dead, but anyone keeping up with recent events knows why I'm saying this) and David Dobrik.

While all of these people are known and beloved (with the exception of Mr. Charles) as some of YouTube's biggest stars, there's another side of YouTube which consists of the ones people hate because they are controversial, filled with drama and have been "canceled" a few times. Come to think of it, Pewds, Shane, and James have all existed (or currently exist) in this realm of people, so it's pretty clear that it's revolving and never static.

A name that is very familiar within this group is none other than Tana Mongeau.

With her failed 2018 YouTube convention, TanaCon, which was supposed to rival the longstanding VidCon, originally created by the Green Brothers, being her rise to fame, she quickly became one of the most disliked personalities on the platform. However, long before TanaCon 2018 scarred many attendees with sad memories, and some with terrible sunburns, Tana had been starting scandals and had been the center of loads of drama.

It was basically her birthright, but I'm not mad about it.

One thing a YouTube viewer has to be conscientious of is that no matter who you're watching, no matter who you love with all your heart, everyone is human and therefore, everyone can make mistakes.

Apology videos on YouTube exist as far as the eye can see, but while many personalities let one or two scandals be the downfall of their careers, Tana Mongeau does not. Instead, she takes her mistakes and turns them around, making them her jokes and embracing herself for who she is: A f***-up.

So I guess there's really no surprise why she has a song titled just that just that.

At the base of it all, Tana is a twenty-year-old YouTuber who specializes in storytime videos, which are how she became popular, and who doesn't care what people are saying about her. And if you ask me, it wouldn't hurt if everyone tried to be a little more unapologetic like her.

What Tana has been able to create among her fanbase is phenomenal, to say the least. While outsiders may consider her fans to be "blind" or "dumb" because of their continued support even through all of her scandals and mistakes, as an insider myself, I simply consider us to be loyal and understanding.

To pretend one has never made a single mistake in their life is a lie. To act like one is and always has been 100% "woke" is a blatant disregard for all the growth that they've made throughout the years. And to write someone off for making a mistake, acknowledging said mistake, and accepting blame for the mistake without giving them room to become better is a shame that Tana Mongeau fans do not take part in, thankfully.

The internet's obsession with "cancel culture" in recent years has been unbelievable. And, if we're being honest, a tad hypocritical. Do people really expect me to believe that they've never f***ed up even once and that's why they have the right to designate who gets to continue being popular and loved and who doesn't?

Because I'm not buying it, and neither is Tana.

Instead of taking the L and crawling into a hole filled with dozens of other YouTubers who have let their mistakes be the end of the careers, Tana comes back even stronger than before each time. And while a lot of people might think she's annoying for that and doesn't know when to stop, I think it just makes her ten times better than everyone else.

Tana Mongeau knows who she is. She knows that, even though a person can do something wrong, that doesn't necessarily make them a terrible human or erase all of the good they've done in the past. Tana Mongeau lets herself and others grow, and Tana Mongeau knows that without giving people room to do so, you'd literally have nobody left on YouTube.

Except maybe the DIY-ers, since they never seem to be in any drama (unless they do it themselves—ba dum tiss.)

As a Tana Mongeau fan, someone who has watched her videos loyally for about two (maybe three) years now, I can definitely say she's had more than her fair share of scandals. She's been "canceled" several times (so much so that she decided to make her own "canceled" merch for her brand) and her apology videos happen to be some of the more entertaining ones.

Out of all of it, though, the one thing I have loved and will probably continue to love about Tana is that she lets herself be free. Her videos aren't monetized because she swears every five seconds? I guess she's not getting Adsense from them, oh well. She's below the legal drinking age in the country which she lives in? Well, then it's time to go to Mexico to film a drunk GRWM!

Though she's constantly put under a microscope for being annoying, talentless, trash, and so many other things I can't even think of, she doesn't let it stop her. Tana Mongeau continues to do what Tana Mongeau does best: Whatever the f*** she wants.

Isn't that what we all want to be like?

Wouldn't it be great to have her level of confidence, her level of assurance, and tell yourself that it doesn't matter if BeckyLovesYou345 left a comment on a YouTube video saying you're garbage because you know who you are?

If the world was a little more like Tana Mongeau, I wouldn't be mad about it. And if everyone started to think a little bit more like Tana Mongeau, I think we'd all be having a bit more fun.

She's a f***-up, she's a mess, she's this and she's that, but at the end of it all, she's having fun and being herself.

And I'll always love her for that.