This past week I started two online summer courses. It's a religion and history course. I decided to take summer classes to get myself ahead so that I could potentially graduate a semester early from college. In the long-run, this is a good idea because I could graduate early and I'm saving money. It also seems like a good idea right now because it is keeping me very busy.

At the beginning of summer, I would often times get a little bored just sitting around at home on my days off from work. There is not much sitting around doing nothing now with these classes. If my job was not part-time, I think I would be dead by now. Kudos to my boyfriend who is working a full-time job and taking summer classes. Also, kudos to anyone working a full-time job and taking college courses in general. There is no way in heck I would be able to.

There is a lot of stuff jam-packed into these courses just because it is shortened so much. Thankfully, at least one of my courses is spread out with due dates scheduled appropriately. The other course pretty much lets you do everything on your own time, which seems like it would be nice, but you are going to end up having to do a bunch of stuff every day anyways. Having a schedule just lets you work in a more organized manner.

I'll be completely honest, the first day the classes started I did work for 7 hours. I don't honestly know how that happened because so far it has been ranging from 3 to 5 hours. My mind must have been working at the speed of a turtle. I have a feeling I will be working a long period of time again once I need to start writing some essays and research papers. Definitely not looking forward to that. This all probably sounds very discouraging to someone who is considering taking summer classes online, but I'm giving my own honest feedback.

I don't think I'll feel regretful for taking the classes in the long-run, but I may start to feel regretful if I have to say no to going out somewhere with my parents because I haven't finished something yet. That hasn't happened yet and I'm really hoping it doesn't happen. Everything has been flowing well so far, so I am patiently waiting to have a breakdown one of these days.