This Break, I Plan On Taking All The BuzzFeed Quizzes, And So Should You

In all seriousness, I probably won't be taking all the BuzzFeed quizzes there are to offer, but I am extremely glad to have a month of time where I have the opportunity to take all the BuzzFeed quizzes I want. Finals weeks (yes, plural) are hard and I've been more exhausted these past two weeks than I have all semester. Between balancing working eight hours a day and studying all day the next, it's been physically and mentally tiring. But the time has now come to have the freedom away from school, to go back to my own schedule and not one given to me from university. Make sure you take a day or two before starting a part time job, or getting into the holiday rush, or that winter project you wanted to do to enjoy doing nothing, and then do some of these things.

Read a book

I know this is the most basic thing anyone can say while you're on winter break, but keeping your mind stimulated in an enjoyable way can be beneficial. Instead of staring at your phone or Netflix the whole break, go old fashioned and take out a book from your local library and do some physical work, turning pages!

Go to the gym

Hop in with a buddy from home or get a monthly pass and work on your fitness. Working out your body releases endorphins that can help that college stress go away. Start that new semester with a clear mind and toned body. Even if a gym isn't available to you, try going for a walk on run, check out your high school's track just to get your body moving and grooving. You don't have to become a personal trainer over break, but you'll feel good with whatever physical activity you can do!

Make a home cooked meal

Wether you go away or stay home from school, eat dining hall food or whatever leftovers are in your fridge, a home cooked meal is always going to be a pleasure. The ability to cook is something every adult needs to learn in their life. So make yourself (and a friend) a nice three course meal just the way you want it. It's a great way to spend time with yourself or with friends and learn a key skill for the real world.

Go on a day trip

No matter where you're going home to or staying home to, there is always something to do in or around your town. Take advantage of that. Take advantage of the fact you don't have to go home and study or your don't have homework due at midnight, don't look at the clock, and spend the day somewhere with friends or family. No stress, just vibes.

Go shopping

I know we are all broke college students, especially for the holiday season, but free up a day take that day to go shopping for yourself. You don't have to spend a goldmine. Enjoy the process of going out and looking for things for no particular reason and no time clock since we can't always do that during the semester.

Make sure to stay responsible during this break, don't forget about everything you learned this past semester (academically or mentally), go out with your home friends and have a great holiday season, and a great, relaxing, recharging break.