Taking Advantage Of The Sun During Zoom University

This is how I, a Penn State student, manage to enjoy the sun despite online classes.

5
Photo by Diana Dima on Unsplash

With spring coming full circle, the weather getting warmer, and the sun shining, it is important for one's mental health to get outside and enjoy the fresh air! Although online classes still plague the day, I have managed to find a few ways to get outside despite Zoom University and the never-ending assignments.Make sure to take a mental break whenever you need one.

I begin each morning by trying to walk to a common area so that I can sense the temperature and see if my phone's weather app is indeed accurate (which, more often than not, it is incorrect). I can take my first class outside on a nearby bench with a table (if the weather allows), or I can take this class near a window with a view of the outside (if it is raining or breezy). Either way, I try to maintain my glimpse of the beautiful scenery.

Before my next batch of classes, I always make sure to take my short breaks and go on a small walk. I can either grab a bite to eat, catch up with a friend, or just take a loop around the area. I return to my building for class and prepare my bags for the rest of the day.

After my classes end, I try to freshen up a little and go on my way. Often times, I go to a common area, such as the HUB, to complete my work for the day, Here, I can sit outside under a large tent that Penn State added for students this year. My friends join me, and we work together until the sun goes down. We can eat dinner downtown, at the HUB, or in another common area.

To finish off my day, I will often take a short walk at night. Although the cold prevents me from staying out too long, I use this time to enjoy the quietness of campus.