Life Lessons From "How I Met Your Mother"

"Never forget that on any day, you could step out the front door, and your whole life could change forever."

119
Wenner Media

With 2016 drawing to a close, we have another new year being laid out in front of us. I know that many of us will make resolutions to try to make 2017 our "best year yet," but I have a little proposition for you all. Instead of simply setting out to lose a few pounds or to try to become a new you, just simply try to live by these little life lessons; life lessons from the one and only, How I Met Your Mother. If you try your best to follow this advice, your 2017 is going to be legen. . . wait for it. . .

1. Nothing good happens after 2 a.m.

Thank you for great advice, good ol' Ted Mosby. "When 2am roles around, just go home and go to sleep, because the decisions you make after 2 a.m. are the wrong decisions."

2. Nobody is perfect.

I know that we all learned this years ago from our friend Hannah Montana, but I think that Ted hit us in the gut and touched our hearts when he said, "Here's the secret kids. None of us can vow to be perfect. In the end all we can to is promise to love each other with everything we've got."

3. Be patient.

Sometimes it takes a little bit of time to be able to see that what you have is really an amazing thing. Robin opened our eyes to this lesson when she said, "You keep giving up on people so quickly, you're gonna miss out on something great."

4. It's worth the wait.

Love is a tricky thing. It sometimes seems like you'll never find the person that you're meant to be with. Ted Mosby knows a thing or two about holding out for the best.

5. You can't plan for everything.

We try so hard to plan out our lives, but what is meant to be will be. We're just along for the ride. Our favorite architect said it best, "You can't design your life like a building. It doesn't work that way. You just have to live it and it will design itself."

6. Keep moving forward.

Sometimes we hold on to the past so tightly, that we forget what is in the past is in the past for a reason.

7. Don't live in your comfort zone.

"If you're not scared, you're not taking a chance. And if you're not taking a chance, then what the hell are you doing?" -Ted Mosby

8. Sometimes you have to make mistakes.

Mistakes help you to learn and grow. Without a few mistakes along the way, you'll never make it to where you're meant to be.

9. Never stay sad for too long.

This is one thing Barney got right, "When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead."

10. The universe has a plan.

2017. . . HERE WE COME! Take this awesome advice from How I Met Your Mother and take a leap and make this YOUR year!

. . .dary!