mountain biking

'Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day' Is Helping Kids Find Adventure And Confidence

Getting out and seeing all the wonders that the world has to offer. Get a kid add dirt and get rad

49
Aaron Christian

International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) is hosting their annual event Take a Kid Mountain Biking day is Saturday, October 6th 2018. This event is to help introduce the love and fun of mountain biking and to keep kids active in the cooler months.

IMBA was created in 2004 and is officially celebrate every year on the first Saturday of October; IMBA's vision is that everyone has a place to ride. Thousands of kids have discovered the love of biking on a dirt trail. Events are hosted all over the country, it doesn't matter if you are a beginner or an expert mountain biker you can still ride.

Take The National InterscholasticCycling Association (NICA) for instance, they were founded in 2009, they develop mountain bike programs for student athletes all over the country. They provide leadership to produce quality mountain bike events, they have different programs, ranging from GRIT (Girls Ride Together) program to Indie club program that gives gives students in all 50 states an opportunity to create a mountain bike team at their school.

With the influx in screen-time, and with new tech gadgets that kid are spending time on, and spending more time inside. It's time to encourage kids to get out and be around nature, to free their minds and strengthen their bodies and to be around other kids and socialize with kids their age.

This is a great chance to open your child's eyes to the wonders of the world; let them explore new places they have never been and to lose themselves and connect with the trial.

Aaron Christian

We come together and we are not just there to cheer on our own kids, but to cheer on every kid there because they are trying their hardest. If they hear everyone cheering, they are going to feel proud of themselves because they are doing something they love and enjoy. Make their experience and positive one.

So make sure you tell them how proud you are of them for getting out on the trail and being awesome.

There are new trials and bike parks being built all over the country, this is a great outlet for kids, to get out and see nature and is great for a healthy body and mind. we want to encourage a more active life style for these young kids, and to be more adventures.

Aaron Christian

Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day, encourages kids and their families to get out and in enjoy riding and getting to know new people and just being with family and friends, And just to have fun. Many of these kids have gone onto become passionate riders and continue to do it all year round.

Aaron Christian

The size of the events can be small with just a couple kids and their families to several hundred that gather in local parks and/or trailhead.It doesn't matter on the size as long as you are getting out on a bike and riding. A lot of passion and love of the sport goes into all the events, the coaches who are volunteers are very passionate they get out there and ride with the kids, make sure they stay safe and encourage them to keep going.

Mountain bike practice Aaron Christian

Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day can be done anywhere- even if you are not close to a trail, you can gather up your kids and their friends, you can even get the whole neighborhood involved, just getting one kid on a bike makes a huge difference, we need to have more active kids, more kids outside and enjoying the wonders of the world around them.

Take a kid mountain biking daywww.youtube.com

Instructions on mountain biking fundamentals, skill challenges, and group trails, will be shown to the kids by experienced adults. Make sure to dress for the event, bring your helmet and bike. The event is free and is open to kids of all ages.

Aaron Christian